The simFlight Network Forums

WideFs & Lua

Hi Pete!

I am running Prepar3dv2 with FSUIPC 4.928 and WideClient 6.999b.

I wanted to see if I could create a little lua-program which makes changes to prepar3dv2.

So I started to test "MyDisplay.lua" on the client and this works okay (well it only receives data from the sim).

Next I tried your example "init pos.lua" and expected it to set my plane to the place you defined in the program.

Unfortunately it does not do it.

So am I wrong with my expectations or what else could I have done wrong/not set up correct?

Thx for your advice.

Klaus

Next I tried your example "init pos.lua" and expected it to set my plane to the place you defined in the program.

Unfortunately it does not do it.

Well, it certainly works on FSX. I've not tested every SimConnect function on P3DV2. ... but, I've just tried it and it works on P3Dv2 too.

I think the problem you are seeing using it with WideFS is that WideClient starts any Lua programs it finds as soon as it gets a connection to FS. I think SimConnect or FSUIPC isn't geared up to do the "Init Pos" action through SimConnect right at that time. Try inserting a delay before the last line, something like

ipc.sleep(20000)

for a 20 second delay certainly works. Maybe something less will too.

Regards

Pete