The simFlight Network Forums

P3Dv2, FSUIPC & FSINN

Hi there Peter,

In order to get FSINN working correctly with P3Dv2, you have to "trick" FSINN into thinking that P3D.exe is a different version than the one that's currently shipped. The tutorial provided on the FSINN support forum states to get Resource Hacker and change it, which I've done.

The problem is now that FSUIPC4.dll crashes P3Dv2 (when I go back to the original .exe, it works perfectly), is there any work around for this (apart from obviously reverting back to the original P3D.exe)?

Apologies if this has already been answered, I've had a quick scout of the forums and couldn't see anything.

Cheers,

Matt.

Hi there Peter,

In order to get FSINN working correctly with P3Dv2, you have to "trick" FSINN into thinking that P3D.exe is a different version than the one that's currently shipped. The tutorial provided on the FSINN support forum states to get Resource Hacker and change it, which I've done.

The problem is now that FSUIPC4.dll crashes P3Dv2 (when I go back to the original .exe, it works perfectly), is there any work around for this (apart from obviously reverting back to the original P3D.exe)?

The problem will be that FSUIPC is also being fooled and doesn't know it is P3Dv2, so the hooks are wrong. In any case, that's what I think might be happening. But please paste the LOG file here. Are you renaming P3D as "FSX.EXE", or changing the Version number in its Version Info?

The other files FSUIPC4 uses (LOG, INI, KEY) will also use differernt names for a renamed FS EXE, and it gets complicated. But if you are changing the version number then there's no way it is going to work as the hooks are different for P3Dv1.

Pete

Sorry for the late reply - I completely forgot I posted this.

I keep the exe with the name of P3Dv2.exe, but change the version number with resource hacker. I'll grab the logs when I get back into P3D, but I have a feeling its not gonna work due to the second statement you made. 

Nothing that FSUIPC is doing wrong, it's just FSINN - always presenting problems!

Sorry for the late reply - I completely forgot I posted this.

I keep the exe with the name of P3Dv2.exe, but change the version number with resource hacker. I'll grab the logs when I get back into P3D, but I have a feeling its not gonna work due to the second statement you made. 

Nothing that FSUIPC is doing wrong, it's just FSINN - always presenting problems!

Well, if there's no other answer I suppose I can provide an INI parameter which tells FSUIPC to ignore the actual EXE version number and believe something else. But it gets more complicated. Version 2.1 will be out soon, and that will have a different number which FSUIPC needs to check, because things move around. If you have a parameter to set it will have to have the full "true" version number in it, like 2.1.0.9448.

Pete

• 1 month later...

Yes, "Prepar3D.exe" is what I meant. How am I retrieving the logs? I can't get P3D to run so I'm unsure if FSUIPC will generate logs?

You need to be able to run P3D.  If it starts then an FSUIPC4.LOG will normally be generated, and will show the point of the crash. Look in the Modules sub-folder.

If you have the latest version of FSUIPC4 (4.929) then you can use this unpublished "hack" (in the [General] section of the INI file) to make FSUIPC think the P3D version number is different. I don't like this method, though, as it is highly likely to cause more problems further down the line. I think you need to get FSInn sorted out instead.

AssumeP3Dversion=n.n.n.n

where the n.n.n.n part is the exact 4 part version number of the true EXE, before your Resource Hacked faking.

Pete

• 1 month later...