The simFlight Network Forums

Mixture button makes landing gear toggle

I've started using my feelthere 737 again and got everything programed to my Saitek x52 stick and peddles.  I have the landing gear assigned to button 4.  It works fine.  Since not everything in the VC works on the 737 I assigned buttons 8, 9 and 10, 11 to 8 mixture 1 rich, 9 mixture 1 lean, 10 & 11 the same for mixture 2.  When I tested out on a flight all was good.  However, after parking and pressed button 9 to shut down engine 1, it also toggled the landing gear.  When I pressed again the gear lever went back down.  I've looked at everything I could look at and can't see why mixture 1 lean causes the landing gear to toggle.  The landing gear is assigned to G on button 4.  button 9 is P0, c65987,0, which is mixture 1 lean.  And that's the only one that does it.   I attached the log file.

fsuipc log.zip

I've started using my feelthere 737 again and got everything programed to my Saitek x52 stick and peddles.  I have the landing gear assigned to button 4.  It works fine.  Since not everything in the VC works on the 737 I assigned buttons 8, 9 and 10, 11 to 8 mixture 1 rich, 9 mixture 1 lean, 10 & 11 the same for mixture 2.  When I tested out on a flight all was good.  However, after parking and pressed button 9 to shut down engine 1, it also toggled the landing gear.  When I pressed again the gear lever went back down.  I've looked at everything I could look at and can't see why mixture 1 lean causes the landing gear to toggle.  The landing gear is assigned to G on button 4.  button 9 is P0, c65987,0, which is mixture 1 lean.  And that's the only one that does it.   I attached the log file.

As your log clearly shows, it isn't anything in FSUIPC doing this. It would have been clearer if you had enabled Event logging, as that would have showed when the GEAR TOGGLE command was actually being sent.

You must have an assignment to button 9 elsewhere, possibly in FS itself. Did you not disable controllers in FS, or at least de-assign everything? Be also aware that FS is liable to make assignments automatically when it thinks a device is newly connected or re-connected.

I note that you use FS controls for some things, but the assigned FS keystrokes for others. Why not use FS controls for everything -- Gear Toggle instead of the G key, for example?

Regards

Pete

I found the problem & that's fixed.  I have disabled the controllers in fsx and using FSUIP.  I also had a problem with the hat-switch and found a topic where you had told some one to assign it to the axis pan_view.  I did that and it works great.  The programing each button made it jerky.  So for now all my planes are working great.  Thanks for the help.