The simFlight Network Forums

Thottle lever delay

Hi Pete,

Is it possible to have a throttle value delay in FSUIPC ?

When going from idle to full or from full to idle , normally a 737 have the levers rotate at 5-8 degr/sec.

As the the total angle is 60 degrees it would take 7.5-12 seconds at least.

This is much quicker in FSX.

So the onscreen levers would move in 4-5 seconds from full to idel and my hardware levers would move in 8-10 seonds form full to idle.

And the other way round too.

For my motorized TQ it would look more real.

If it's not possible I will get me 2 servo delay modules and try woth them ( delay settings 0.5-7.5 sec )

Thanks in advance.

Is it possible to have a throttle value delay in FSUIPC ?

Yes. The method is by adding the delay parameter to the axis assignment setting in the INI file. Please see the Axis Assignments section in the FSUIPC4 Advanced User's guide.

I must admit that I don't really understand what you are talking about though. Surely if you want to move the levers more slowly why not do so? You don't need to whack them up and down.

If you are talking about autothrottle control by the autopilot/MCP as I assume you must be, then surely that is a matter of choosing a good realistic simulation? What are you using?

The delay option on the axis I mentioned is actually probably nothing to do with what you want. The on-screen levers are only reflecting the actual value being set and used. I don't see how you'd expect FSUIPC to be able to prevent the FS autothrottle control setting whatever value it needed. I would think that will also be calamitous is trying to maintain correct set speed and pitch.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Yes, I am talking about the AT, specific the Ifly AT. Icw Fs2Phidget.

It moves from idle to full within 3 seconds and back.

I have beta testing some files Flight1 sent me where the levers in AT mode move almost twice as slow.

However than the hardware levers values interfear with the AT values.

Then I have a lever bouncing issue, like described here :

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/61123-disable-throttle-input-when-at-is-armed/?hl=phidget#entry390768

I could try these offsets to cut off the hardware levers data to the AT icw hardware servo delays to have the hardware levers move in 10-12 sec from idle to full.

That is, if you do not have a better advice.

Yes, I am talking about the AT, specific the Ifly AT. Icw Fs2Phidget.

It moves from idle to full within 3 seconds and back.ere :

But surely that is because it is bound to follow the actual value!

I have beta testing some files Flight1 sent me where the levers in AT mode move almost twice as slow.

However than the hardware levers values interfear with the AT values.

Then I have a lever bouncing issue, like described h

Of course.It is not a delay in the operation of your device you nee, but an Autothrottle control software which works realistically. Surely that is in the choice of a realistic aircraft model, to start with? If you stick with iFly it seems you need to get them to sort it out. Or else ditch the add-on avionics and go with something like ProSim, SimAvionics or Project Magenta. -- assuming, of course, that they control the A/T properly.

I could try these offsets to cut off the hardware levers data to the AT icw hardware servo delays to have the hardware levers move in 10-12 sec from idle to full.

That is, if you do not have a better advice.

I think that you seem to be trying to treat the symptom, not the problem. Surely the levers should control the throttle value, not the other way around. And if there's no choice but to make it the wrong way round, the levers MUST reflect the actual throttle setting (else what's the point of them?) -- so, either way, it is the actual operation of the autothrottle you need to get sorted out, not how the levers act.

Regards
Pete