The simFlight Network Forums

FSUPIC AND FS2004

Hello simmer!

I have a big prob wis the fsupic: Wehn i copy fsupic to modules i can't start FS2004. in i rename fsupic fs is able to start but i can't connect with SB and PC-IP 127.0.0.1.

FSUPIC.dll=1 is written i the FS2000.cfg, KEY of SB is written in at FSUPIC.

Thanks for help in advance.

Norbert

I have a big prob wis the fsupic: Wehn i copy fsupic to modules i can't start FS2004.

I assume you mean FSUIPC? What is the actual symptom -- is there a message, or what? What happens?

Which version of FSUIPC are you trying to use in FS2004? To find the version, right click on the DLL, choose Properties then Version. For FS2004 you need version 3.00 or later. The current version is 3.06 and hopefully 3.07 will be released tomorrow.

FSUPIC.dll=1 is written i the FS2000.cfg

I hope you don't mean in "[OldModules]"! Please do not ever add any of my FS modules to that section in the CFG file. If FS says the module is not correct, then believe it. All my modules need changing for each new version of FS, you cannot use older ones, and only the older ones will cause FS to produce that message.

Regards,

Pete

Yes, ist is in [OldModules]. Version is 3.0.6.0. The FS beginns to start and aborted. Ther is no masage.

Do NOT put FSUIPC into OldModules please.

What version of FS is it? Please go to Help-About and write down the Version and Build.

What other add-in modules are there in the Modules folder?

What other programs are running in Windows when you load FS2004?

I've not had any other reports like this, so one suspicion is a corrupted DLL file. It may be a good idea to download it again -- or wait till tomorrow when version 3.07 should be available.

Regards,

Pete

=> Do NOT put FSUIPC into OldModules please:

OK

=> What version of FS is it:

Versin 9 Build 30612.02 ORIGINAL CD

=> What other add-in modules are there in the Modules folder

NON - Only Standard of FS

=> What other programs are running in Windows when you load FS2004?

ZONEALARM 3.7.2002 - FS allowed to pass Firewall

AVGUARD Antivirus

FSUPIC Versin 3.07

When I rename FSUPIC then FS is starting, but I can't connect SB with FS. SB to connect with IVAO is possible.

When I don't rename FSUPIC FS beginn to start, I can see splash screen for a few seconds an then it close. No error massage.

thx in advance

:?:

FSUPIC Versin 3.07

When I rename FSUPIC then FS is starting, but I can't connect SB with FS. SB to connect with IVAO is possible.

When I don't rename FSUPIC FS beginn to start, I can see splash screen for a few seconds an then it close. No error massage.

When you rename it, do you rename it to "FSUPIC" as you keep calling it, or what? The correct name is "FSUIPC.DLL" and it needs to run with that name.

Are there FSUIPC.INI and FSUIPC.LOG files in the Modules folder? Can I see them if so?

Your problem is very strange, I've had no other such report. But I need to know more. I don't like the sound of this "renaming" business. what is that all about?

Regards,

Pete