The simFlight Network Forums

Elevator calibration

Hello Pete

Can you help?

I'm trying to fine tune the elevator in the Joystick calibration window and I'm having difficulty getting to grips with the settings.

After reading the manual it says if the + or - are around the wrong way then they can be changed In the FS cfg file. I can't find this file. I'm using FSX on Windows 7.

This is what I do. Set the min at -16384 or thereabouts and max at +16384 or thereabouts. Then move the control column towards the vertical and click the centre button.

I have to then click REV. For whatever reason I have difficulty calibrating the forward movement of the column. i.e not much physical movement of the elevators in sim. I have Prosim installed and there are a couple of tweaks that can be made here

but I'm not sure what the relationship is between Prosim and FSUIPC.

Hope that makes sense

Regards

AlanW

Hello PeteI'm trying to fine tune the elevator in the Joystick calibration window and I'm having difficulty getting to grips with the settings.

Is this in FSUIPC? If so, which version?

After reading the manual it says if the + or - are around the wrong way then they can be changed In the FS cfg file. I can't find this file. I'm using FSX on Windows 7.

Sorry, what manual says that and where?  I suspect you are completely misinterpreting something. If you want to reverse the action of an axis in the calibration tab of FSUIPC just use the "REV" checkbox. Calibrate properly AFTER setting that.

This is what I do. Set the min at -16384 or thereabouts and max at +16384 or thereabouts. Then move the control column towards the vertical and click the centre button.

I have to then click REV. 

You are doing things in the wrong order. Select the options you want FIRST. Then follow the numbered steps for calibration ennumerated in the FSUIPC user guide! I'm not going to repeat all the instructions here!

For whatever reason I have difficulty calibrating the forward movement of the column. i.e not much physical movement of the elevators in sim. I have Prosim installed and there are a couple of tweaks that can be made here

but I'm not sure what the relationship is between Prosim and FSUIPC.

ProSim uses FSUIPC, but axis calibration should be done on your axis, following the instructions, not with regard to something else entirely.

Pete

Manual;  when I first ever bought FSUIPC V3.70. I was using FS9 at that time.

Regards

AlanW

So. What does this mean? Sorry, I don't understand the relevance.

Wrong order? I don't understand that.

Well, to start with I told you to set REV before calibrating not after as you've done.

I'll have a look at the manual for this version.

Please don't just look, also follow the numbered steps for good calibration. They are there for a reason.

Pete

You said   "sorry, what manual says that and where"

Anyway the contents haven't changed. I think I know how to do this now.

Off topic slightly have you been on the Bluebell line since they opened the Kingscote to East Grinstead section?

Fantastic feat of engineering.

Cheers

AlanW