The simFlight Network Forums

Help to use FSUIPC in conjunction with Tileproxy and P3DV2

Hi Pete,

I would need some help in this particular situation.

I use P3DV2 and registered versions of FSUIPC and WideFS.

I try to run TileProxy with P3DV2.

It's development is discontinued and it was made for the FS series.

So it needs a Fsx.exe file to work with and doesn't recognise P3D.exe to work with it.

The solution to this is to use a copy of P3D.exe renamed into Fsx.exe and placed in the same main directory as P3D.exe, use a copy of P3D.cfg renamed into Fsx.cfg and also the original (not renamed) P3D scenery.cfg.

The problem is that using that Fsx.exe, FSUIPC shows in the addons as unregistered.

A new log file is created, named FSUIPC.4.FSx.log in which I can read that FSUIPC realised that P3D.exe was renamed into Fsx.exe.

Here is the beginning of the log file :

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.927a by Pete Dowson *********
Running inside Prepar3D v2 on Windows 7
... Prepar3D has been renamed as "Fsx"
Module base=5E4E0000
User Name=""
User Addr=""
FSUIPC4 not user registered
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Is there anyway that I could make my registration work with this use ?

That would allow me to use TileProxy with P3DV2 and my glass cockpit softwares (Project Magenta).

Here is the beginning of the log file when using the "normal" P3d.exe file : (just erased my email address  ^_^  )

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.927a by Pete Dowson *********
Running inside Prepar3D v2 on Windows 7
Module base=5E240000
User Name="scohy jean-jacques"
User Addr="*****************"
FSUIPC4 Key is provided
WideFS7 Key is provided

Thank you very much and best regards.

JJ SCOHY

Hi Pete,

The solution to this is to use a copy of P3D.exe renamed into Fsx.exe and placed in the same main directory as P3D.exe, use a copy of P3D.cfg renamed into Fsx.cfg and also the original (not renamed) P3D scenery.cfg.

The problem is that using that Fsx.exe, FSUIPC shows in the addons as unregistered.

A new log file is created, named FSUIPC.4.FSx.log in which I can read that FSUIPC realised that P3D.exe was renamed into Fsx.exe.:

Yes. All the files are renamed just like the Log. Your INI file and your registration, the KEY file. You need to rename them to match.

And you should also be using 4.928 -- version 4.927 has not been supported for almost four weeks. Version 4.829 will be released soon after P3D v2.1.

Pete

That works fine that way, thank you very much.

I'll also upgrade. I don't often think to do it, since I have a stable system running smoothly.

TilProxy is a pearl if one can have fast displaying tiles.

Best regards.