The simFlight Network Forums

Phantom Keys

I have been assigning keys to buttons on my Saitek Throttle Quadrants and changed my mind on some and that is when it all started. First I cleared the assignment then I assigned a different key and it won't take it. It also kept the original assignment but it does not show up in FSUIPC4. When pressing the Quadrant's buttons in question it shows nothing, however in FSX the cleared keys (ctrl + ., F9, and F12) still function on those buttons.

Please don't tell me to delete the .ini file, I spent hours getting the axis assignments right. Thanks

I have been assigning keys to buttons on my Saitek Throttle Quadrants and changed my mind on some and that is when it all started. First I cleared the assignment then I assigned a different key and it won't take it. It also kept the original assignment but it does not show up in FSUIPC4. When pressing the Quadrant's buttons in question it shows nothing, however in FSX the cleared keys (ctrl + ., F9, and F12) still function on those buttons.

Please don't tell me to delete the .ini file, I spent hours getting the axis assignments right. Thanks

I don't know any way that the key assignment cannot be "taken" if it's a valid combination. There's absolutely nothing to stop a valid key combo being entered, and it would automatically replace the previous assignment to the same button. So I think you'll need to state, step by step, exactly what you are doing that leads you to believe "it won't take it".

For forgotten assignments, just use FSUIPC's Button/Key logging to see what is going on. If you temporarily run FSX in Windowed mode you can enable the Console Log and see the results of your key and button presses in real time. It will show which assignment it is using and what the results are. 

Pete

I don't know any way that the key assignment cannot be "taken" if it's a valid combination. There's absolutely nothing to stop a valid key combo being entered, and it would automatically replace the previous assignment to the same button. So I think you'll need to state, step by step, exactly what you are doing that leads you to believe "it won't take it".

For forgotten assignments, just use FSUIPC's Button/Key logging to see what is going on. If you temporarily run FSX in Windowed mode you can enable the Console Log and see the results of your key and button presses in real time. It will show which assignment it is using and what the results are. 

Pete

Thanks for the quick reply as usual. I will try this when I get home and report back, at work right now.