The simFlight Network Forums

FSX FSUIPC.ini to P3D v2.1

Hello,

I built a new computer for my full size cockpit and installed P3D v2. then upgraded yesterday to v2.1. Now I'm in the process of moving some of my addons from my old FSX computer that use to run the same cockpit. I installed the latest FSUIPC 4.929 on the new system and was under the impression that I should be able to take my old FSX FSUIPC.ini file, put it onto the P3D modules folder and all of my settings would be ready to go. Well that didn't work. None of the settings are the same. For instance I hit a switch for the NAV lights and the flaps move. Everything worked great before the swap, so I really don't want to go through the process of reassigning everything from scratch.

So is this method supposed to work? My old FSX FSUIPC version was 4.86. I didn't upgrade everytime a new version came out because everything worked. The old 'If it ain't broke' theory.

Is there anything else I need to do for P3D to recognize the old FSUIPC.ini file? Or is it best just to start over and reassign all of my switches and controls again?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hello,

I built a new computer for my full size cockpit and installed P3D v2. then upgraded yesterday to v2.1. Now I'm in the process of moving some of my addons from my old FSX computer that use to run the same cockpit. I installed the latest FSUIPC 4.929 on the new system and was under the impression that I should be able to take my old FSX FSUIPC.ini file, put it onto the P3D modules folder and all of my settings would be ready to go. Well that didn't work. None of the settings are the same. For instance I hit a switch for the NAV lights and the flaps move. Everything worked great before the swap, so I really don't want to go through the process of reassigning everything from scratch.

So is this method supposed to work? My old FSX FSUIPC version was 4.86. I didn't upgrade everytime a new version came out because everything worked. The old 'If it ain't broke' theory.

On the same PC you would have no problems. You would also have no problems if you'd used Joystick Letters to identify your controls. What is happening is that your controls are plugged into different USB sockets and therefore have different joystick numbers! Hence the mixup.

If you still have your old PC with FSX then enable joystick lettering, make sure your devices are plugged into the exact same sockets as before, then run FSX and after it is ready to fly, close it, THEN transfer the INI file and you'll be fine when the devices are connected as then FSUIPC is able to identify them by name and unique GUID number.

For details of Joystick lettering please see the Chapter in the FSUIPC User Guide entitled "Keeping track of multiple control devices ("Joy Letters")".

Pete