The simFlight Network Forums

Button Screen

gfd

Greetings

I have set up my button screen and I must say I am pleased with the result. I do have an issue:

I left a number of buttons blank inside the screen. I then setup one of those buttons with a control. When I next opened FSX, the buttons were mostly mismatched with the original controls. I had to realign most of the buttons with the correct controls.

I'd like to know what I did wrong, so that when I setup the remaining unassigned buttons, I don't have to realign again (if possible). My guess is, that given I didn't setup the buttons originally, with no assignment, I created the problem at that point.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Graham

Hi Graham

Are you it is not just the buttons moving out of alignment because the size of the window has changed.  This sometimes happens for me and resizing it in the usual way solves the problem.

If you mean the assignment in FSUIPC changes can you give us some examples?

Den

Thanks for the reply Den.

The screen starts minimized and then I maximize the window for use. No issues before I activated the button item described below.

Sorry for the sketchy description in my initial post. I have corrected the situation and so cannot give you exact examples.  I have setup a LUA file to assign the button screen virtual buttons. I used parameters to assign the various lua items in the script:

Custom_AXE.lua...parameter 1, etc.

if ipcPARAM == 1 then

<do something>

end

My setup for buttons is copied below. Please note button 9 which now has 4B"JETWAY" assigned to it. Before I programmed the button, it was the same as 18= is now; just a number with an equal sign. I assigned button 9 and then opened FSX and started to prepare the cockpit in the aircraft. At that point 2/3 of the assigments in FSUIPC had shifted and I had to reassign them. Example: button 1 was Custom_AXE.lua, parameter 1 (assigned in FSUIPC button tab). After assigning button 9, button 1 became Custom_AXE.lua parameter 9 (assigned in FSUIPC button tab). That is probably not exactly what happened, but it is the jist of it.

[buttonScreen]
Size=10,6

Title1="Airbus X"

Colour2=52,115,90     ;toggle not set dark green
Colour3=153,247,171   ;toggle set light green
Colour4=52,115,90     ;dark green for buttons
Colour5=200,200,200   ;grey for goto

===========Page 1 Airbus X===========
0=4B"ADIRS 1\rOFF"
1=4Br"ADIRS 1\rNAV"
2=Tr"CABIN\rLIGHTS"
3=T"NAV LOGO"
4=Tr"BEACON"
5=Tb"BATTERY 1"
6=Trb"BATTERY 2"
7=Tr"FUEL PUMP\rLEFT 1"
8=T"YELLOW ELEC\rHYD PUMP"
9=4B"JETWAY"

10=4B"ADIRS 2\rOFF"
11=4Br"ADIRS 2\rNAV"
12=Tr"PANEL\rLIGHTS"
13=T"STROBE"
14=Tr"WING"
15=Tbr"EXTERNAL\rPOWER"
16=Tr"APU\rMASTER"
17=Tr"FUEL PUMP\rLEFT 2"
18=
19=

20=4Bb"ADIRS 3\rOFF"
21=4Bbr"ADIRS 3\rNAV"
22=Tr"NO\rSMOKING"
23=
24=Tr"RUNWAY\rTURNOFF"
25=Tb"APU\rBLEED"
26=Tbr"APU\rSTART"
27=Tr"FUEL PUMP\rCENTRE 1"
28=
29=

30=4B"CAPT WIPER\rOFF"
31=4Br"FO WIPER\rOFF"
32=Tr"SEATBELTS"
33=4B"LANDING\rRETRACT"
34=4Br"NOSE\rOFF"
35=Tb"EXTERNAL POWER\rCONNECTION"
36=Tbr"EXTERNAL GPU\rCONNECTION"
37=Tr"FUEL PUMP\rCENTRE 2"
38=
39=

40=4B"CAPT WIPER\rSLOW"
41=4Br"FO WIPER\rSLOW
42=Tr"EMERGENCY\rARM"
43=4B"LANDING\rOFF"
44=4Br"NOSE\rTAXI"
45=Tb"WHEEL\rCHOCKS"
46=Tbr"TRAFFIC\rCONES"
47=Tr"FUEL PUMP\rRIGHT 1"
48=T"ENGINE\rANTI ICE"
49=Tb"PROBE WINDOW\rHEAT"

50=4B"CAPT WIPER\rFAST"
51=4Br"FO WIPER\rFAST"
52=Tr"ANN LIGHTS\rTEST"
53=4B"LANDING\rON"
54=4Br"NOSE\rTAKEOFF"
55=4Br"GSX"
56=4Br"PRO ATC X"
57=Tr"FUEL PUMP\rRIGHT 2"
58=Tr"WING\rANTI ICE"
59=5G60"NEXT PAGE"

Thanks again for looking in on this,

Graham

I assigned the rest of the unassigned and things were again scrambled after the location of the updated button. Perhaps FSUIPC doesn't know or care about the wideclient buttons. That's OK. Took about 20 minutes to fix. I think in future, I will assign all buttons on a page, even if unused. That way, I will not have to deal with the unintended reassignment.

Just having the button screen available is worth the time taken to realign the assignments.

Graham

Sorry for the sketchy description in my initial post. I have corrected the situation and so cannot give you exact examples.  I have setup a LUA file to assign the button screen virtual buttons. I used parameters to assign the various lua items in the script:

You cannot have lines like 

23=

in an INI file. They count as non-lines, they are simply ignored. For a blank button space you must specify the blank, so:

23=B"   "

or even just 

23=U

as per the example in the doc.

Pete

Thanks for the reply and welcome back . Hope you had a good vacation. I kinda figured that much after the second unintended realignment. I won't make that mistake again. Thanks for looking in on this.

Graham