The simFlight Network Forums

Separate reverser axis possible ?

Hello mr. Dawson,

First: Thanks for your ongoing devellopment of your great FSUIPC program. Know that I appreciate it very much.

I have a question on which I could not find an answer in the already posed questions in the forum.

In the Joystick Calibration tab fo FSUIPC there is a possibility to set a reverser axis.

However, in the Axis Assignment tab, in the list I can chose from, I cannot find a reverser function to assign to the axis I would want to use.

Is there a way to assign a separe axis to the reverser function or is this impossible and can the reverser function in the Joystock Calibration tab only be used in combination with the throttle axis on which a part of its range is reserved for the "reverse" function ?

Thanks in advance,

greetings,

Bram Stikkel

In the Joystick Calibration tab fo FSUIPC there is a possibility to set a reverser axis.

Well, to calibrate one assigned to a reverser axis, yes.

However, in the Axis Assignment tab, in the list I can chose from, I cannot find a reverser function to assign to the axis I would want to use.

Yes. You are looking in the wrong drop-down list. The "FS Controls" do not feature a reverser axis. You have to first select "Direct to FSUIPC" in the axis assignment choices, then the drop down list shows all the FSUIPC axes. Those assignments go direct to calibration and so are more efficient (the FS axis controls go to FS and, if calibrated, are then intercepted by FSUIPC). The reason the default is for FS controls is that some add-on aircraft don't like the controls FSUIPC uses, as they need to be sent to fS at a lower SimConnect priority level.

FSUIPC supports a common reverser for all engines, or up to 4 separate ones.

Pete