The simFlight Network Forums

Bug on offset 0x0898

Hello Pete !

I'm working on a Lua plugin for the majestic dash and i have a problem when I want to write to 0x930 or 0x898 (all Engine x Jet N1) fsuipc offset : 

The value is always '0' except when I press the fsx pause button (strange)

code on Lua :

ipc.writeUW(0x0898, 40)
ipc.writeUW(0x08C8, 40)

and on fsx log :

IPC:0898 (U16) = 0x0   -> ???
IPC:08C8 (U16) = 0x28  -> OK

What do you think about that ?

Regards,
Jul

I'm working on a Lua plugin for the majestic dash and i have a problem when I want to write to 0x930 or 0x898 (all Engine x Jet N1) fsuipc offset : 

N1 is a result of throttle setting. It's an output not an input. What are you trying to do? You set the N1 you want by an appropriate throttle value.

It may be temporarily settable when you stop the simulation engine overwriting it, as in paused or maybe slew modes.

Pete

I'm trying to make the dash a little more compatible with flight keeper, and for the event "Engine on' or off. FSFK scan the value of 0x898 and 0x8c8.

So if one of them are at '0' the engin is considered off and if the two values are > 0  it's considered 'on'

Jul

I'm trying to make the dash a little more compatible with flight keeper, and for the event "Engine on' or off. FSFK scan the value of 0x898 and 0x8c8.

So if one of them are at '0' the engin is considered off and if the two values are > 0  it's considered 'on'

Hmmm. It should be looking at the "combustion flag" instead. N1 could be >0 just because of wind -- you see the blades rotating all the time at airports.

To do it from a Lua plug-in you'll need to use the spoofing offset, 0024 -- see the example Lua "liar.lua" in the package included in your FSUIPC documents folder.

Pete