The simFlight Network Forums

Assign combined axis to rudder

Hi there, I know that this topic has been discussed several times, but I cannot find an answer to my specific question yet.

I own some BRD racing pedals and managed to combine the axis of the 2 outer pedals with PPJoy Virtual Joystick and GlovePIE and it works pefectly well, when I do assign the axis through FSX control options only. Still I do need to configure it through FSUIPC, since I tend to disable all my controllers in FSX for obvious reasons.

I found the ID of my virtual controller (PPJoy Virtual Joystick 1) through FSUIPC INI (see below). Since the "real" game controller (BRD Sim-Speed7) is in use at the same time, I have a hard time configurating it in the FSUIPC UI. Could someone please let me know how to set up my virtual axis (PPJoy Virtual Joystick 1) to the rudder through FSUIPC INI?

0=PPJoy Virtual Joystick 1
0.GUID={DF604640-A3BA-11E3-8001-444553540000}
1=Saitek Aviator Stick
1.GUID={4C885020-22F4-11DE-8004-444553540000}
2=BRD Sim-Speed7
2.GUID={4B4C6290-2606-11DE-8001-444553540000}

Thx for your help in advance.

Hi there, I know that this topic has been discussed several times, but I cannot find an answer to my specific question yet.

I own some BRD racing pedals and managed to combine the axis of the 2 outer pedals with PPJoy Virtual Joystick and GlovePIE and it works pefectly well, when I do assign the axis through FSX control options only. Still I do need to configure it through FSUIPC, since I tend to disable all my controllers in FSX for obvious reasons.

I found the ID of my virtual controller (PPJoy Virtual Joystick 1) through FSUIPC INI (see below). Since the "real" game controller (BRD Sim-Speed7) is in use at the same time, I have a hard time configurating it in the FSUIPC UI. Could someone please let me know how to set up my virtual axis (PPJoy Virtual Joystick 1) to the rudder through FSUIPC INI?

If you can assign in FSX, I don't understand what the problem is in FSUIPC's normal axis assignments tab. Can you explain please?

Pete

Hello Pete, when I use the axis assignments tab and hit a pedal, the UI shows the "real" controller's (2, which is BRD pedals) axis, instead of the axis of the virtual controller PPJoy. Maybe I'm overseeing something, but I do not find an option in the UI of FSUIPC where you can choose the controller before assigning the axis.

Hello Pete, when I use the axis assignments tab and hit a pedal, the UI shows the "real" controller's (2, which is BRD pedals) axis, instead of the axis of the virtual controller PPJoy. Maybe I'm overseeing something, but I do not find an option in the UI of FSUIPC where you can choose the controller before assigning the axis.

If the wrong axis is detected first, simply use the Ignore Axis option, and Rescan. Refer to the User Guide, page 41. It's all there -- about two paragraphs after the 2nd picture on that page!

Pete