The simFlight Network Forums

Makerwys problem / help

I have been using the files created by Makerwys.exe in my simple Instructor Station app, and have it working really well (Thanks Pete!) but I can't seem to get the runway length switch to work.

I have read the readme, and even used the example shown in the readme of "makerwys />0" but still get the same output i.e. all runways >1500ft.  

I want to limit my "goto" list to runways >5000ft since my sim cant use less than that anyway.

Am I reading it wrong or should this work?

Any help would be appreciated (or even a slap for not reading the manual properly...)

Cheers

Sean

I have been using the files created by Makerwys.exe in my simple Instructor Station app, and have it working really well (Thanks Pete!) but I can't seem to get the runway length switch to work.

I have read the readme, and even used the example shown in the readme of "makerwys />0" but still get the same output i.e. all runways >1500ft.  

I want to limit my "goto" list to runways >5000ft since my sim cant use less than that anyway.

Am I reading it wrong or should this work?

It works fine here. for example, with pretty much default FSX scenery with the default setting (1500 ft) I get 54431 runways listed on the final screen and the r4 file is about 3.5 Mb (r5 a bit larger). With />5000 as the command line parameter only 13691 runways are shown and the r4 file is down to 1.1 Mb. The other files listing runways are similarly smaler.

So you are doing something wrong. All I do is drag a shortcut only the desktop (i.e hold the ALT key down whilst dragging MakeRwys.exe), then in Properties-Shortcut, add the parameter to the end so it reads

E:\FSX\MakeRwys.exe />5000

What are you doing differently? What version are you using?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

Ok,   I am using 4.675 and I was running it from the command prompt under win7x64 and winXP-Pro with the same result....

I've just run it exactly as you describe, i.e. the modified shortcut on the desktop and it went swimmingly.... Filesize down from 4.6mb to 1.2

Thank you *again* for your help,..  that was doing my head in!

SeanG