The simFlight Network Forums

Reinstalling SimConnect 10.0.61259 into Windows/winsxs

The SimConnect 10.0.61259 folder isn't in my winsxs directory anymore.

Because of this, FSUIPC 4 is failing to load.

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.929 by Pete Dowson *********
Reading options from "C:\Flightsim\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"
Running inside FSX on Windows 7
Module base=68E70000
User Name="Andrew Pongress"
User Addr="ajpongress@gmail.com"
FSUIPC4 Key is provided
WideFS7 Key is provided
       46 System time = 29/03/2014 04:23:10
       62 FLT UNC path = "\\AJ-PC\Flight Simulator X Files\"
       78 NOTE: SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 is supported, but it isn't installed.
       93 Trying to connect to SimConnect SP1 May07 ...
      124 FS UNC path = "\\AJ-PC\C\Flightsim\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"
      514 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
      514 SIM1 Frictions access gained
      514 Wind smoothing may be by ASN, not FSUIPC, if it is running
      514 Will switch smoothing action when ASN starts/stops
      514 G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok
     1638 Failed on SimConnect_Open, return = 0x80004005: FSUIPC4 cannot operate!
     1638 ... Now trying to connect to another version of SimConnect ...
     1653 Trying to connect to SimConnect Original ...
     1653 Now running with SimConnect Original
     2761 Failed on SimConnect_Open, return = 0x80004005: FSUIPC4 cannot operate!
     2761 ... Now trying to connect to another version of SimConnect ...
     2761 FATAL ERROR: FSUIPC4 cannot connect to any supported version of SimConnect!
     2761 Trying to use SimConnect Original
    22916 System time = 29/03/2014 04:23:32
    22916 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
G3D fix: Passes 442, Null pointers 0, Bad pointers 0, Separate instances 0
Memory managed: 11 Allocs, 11 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

I have tried repairing and completely reinstalling Acceleration from my install disc. Neither option put the folder back in winsxs.

Is there any other way of fixing this?

The SimConnect 10.0.61259 folder isn't in my winsxs directory anymore.

Because of this, FSUIPC 4 is failing to load.

I have tried repairing and completely reinstalling Acceleration from my install disc. Neither option put the folder back in winsxs.

Is there any other way of fixing this?

How did you lose the folder? Are the other two versions there (60905 and 61242)?

If you don't have the SP2/Acceleration version of SimConnect.msi (eg in the FSX SDK), then you may be able to download it from someplace, but I would guess that if Acceleration install/repair didn't re-create the correct folders/files then neither will the specific SimConnect installer. If that's the case it is some sort of Registry mess which I don't think is solvable, unless you can roll back to a better time. If not I can only think of two things to try:

1. If you do have the older folders, try using the "UseSimconnect" parameter in FSUIPC's INI file to select one of those. This is described on page 12 pf the FSUIPC4 advanced user's guide.

2. Failing that I think the only solution might be a Windows re-install. That's what I had to do in a similar mess -- one I created deliberately to see if I could write a program to fix SimConnect problems.

Regards

Pete

How did you lose the folder? Are the other two versions there (60905 and 61242)?

If you don't have the SP2/Acceleration version of SimConnect.msi (eg in the FSX SDK), then you may be able to download it from someplace, but I would guess that if Acceleration install/repair didn't re-create the correct folders/files then neither will the specific SimConnect installer. If that's the case it is some sort of Registry mess which I don't think is solvable, unless you can roll back to a better time. If not I can only think of two things to try:

1. If you do have the older folders, try using the "UseSimconnect" parameter in FSUIPC's INI file to select one of those. This is described on page 12 pf the FSUIPC4 advanced user's guide.

2. Failing that I think the only solution might be a Windows re-install. That's what I had to do in a similar mess -- one I created deliberately to see if I could write a program to fix SimConnect problems.

Regards

Pete

I had deleted one of the simconnect folders to try and repair it with a simconnect reinstall from the SDK.

I royally screwed up the sim however.

Your second solution was the only one that worked, a complete windows reinstall.

I've done that and everything is working fine as it should.

From now on I'm not touching anything in the windows folder!