The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Key stroke commands

Hi Pete

When running P3d v2.2 in full screen mode, none of the programed key commands work - you have to switch between full screen and windowed. I hope that when you find time to look at things a cure can be found!

Regards Andy

When running P3d v2.2 in full screen mode, none of the programed key commands work - you have to switch between full screen and windowed. I hope that when you find time to look at things a cure can be found!

What do you mean by "programmed key commands"? If you mean key presses assigned to controls, there can't be any difference because FSUIPC merely intercepts the keypress in the Windows message chain.

If you mean buttons or switches assigned to send keypresses to P3D, you need to tell me what they are aimed at. Hardly anything built in needs keypresses, so I assume these must be for other add-ons -- so are you sure it isn't the other add-ons not seeing the keypresses?

In either case, please enable button/key logging in FSUIPC's logging tab, then test again. Close P3D down and show me the complete log, NOT an extract (so keep it short please).

[LATER -- see my next message]

Pete

I've just been experimenting. I now assume you mean keypresses assigned to controls. Because, yes, I've just found that FSUIPC doesn't see the keypresses when P3D is first put into Full Screen mode.

It is because P3D is losing the keyboard focus. I've no idea why -- but all you need to do after switching to full screen mode is click on the P3D display with the mouse, so giving it the focus. After that your key assignments work.

I believe it must be a bug in P3D, so please report it to L-M. It isn't anything I can control in FSUIPC -- I could keep trying to set the focus of course, but then folks would never be able to use anything else!

Regards

Pete

Just tried your click the display tip with RC4 and it works well. Thank you for your help.

Please still report it when you can, on the P3D website. I seem to remember that they had a focus problem with an earlier version and fixed it. I think it is a recurrence and should be fixed.

Pete