The simFlight Network Forums

Dont think i can take anymore,Pleez help me.

tried to paste a snapshot here for ease but file is to large so i will type what it says.{Your fsx installation is incorrect! The version of simConnect installed will not run FSUIPC4. You need to repair the installation rectify this first. No changes have been made by this program.}

I unstalled fsx, re-installed it. Downloaded and installed Sp1 & Sp2. Downloaded Fsuipc4. I get the "SAME EXACT" Issue. Have no clue what to do next. I installed fsx on one of my laptops installed sp1&2 then fsuipc4. Everything worked exactly as its suppose to. Laptops doesn't have enough cpu or ram to run fsx very well.

Thanks Cheez

tried to paste a snapshot here for ease but file is to large so i will type what it says.{Your fsx installation is incorrect! The version of simConnect installed will not run FSUIPC4. You need to repair the installation rectify this first. No changes have been made by this program.}

Snapshots aren't in any way useful in any case. You need to show me your Install log file -- just paste its content into a message. You'll find it in the Modules folder in your FS installation.

BTW, be prepared for the worst. Uninstalling FSX is very precarious, and is very unlikely to fix a broken SimConnect installation. In most cases, especially with Windows Vista, 7 or 8, a complete Windows re-installation has been found to be needed. Or maybe you can roll right back to a restore point before you first installed FSX. Even with Windows XP a lot of careful Registry editing would be needed.

Pete

Ok thanks. I am running XP. As for the module folder, when i reinstalled fsx, now that folder that was there is no longer present.

Btw, what is SimConnect?

The Modules folder is created by running the FSUIPC installer in admin mode (i.e. "as administrator, as instructed). If the Installer isn't getting even that far then you need to save the Log file, which you can see on the screen behind the failure prompt. Use the file menu entry you can see.

SimConnect is the part of FSX which allows applications to interface to it. It is used by FSUIPC for 99% of its activities, and it is essential for most other add-ons for FSX.

Although you can actually repair SimConnect in XP by loads of Registry editing, I wouldn't be able to instruct you. It took me a couple of days and that was years ago and there's no way I'm going through that again. I think you will probably need to reinstall XP -- or, better, upgrade to Win7 whilst you still can! (I don't recommend Win8).

Pete

Thats what i thought. Just a hassle to find and reinstall all the drivers.

But if you update to Win7 they will be different drivers. Also most hardware is covered by Win7. It is an excellent operating system, definitely the best Microsoft ever produced, in my opinion.

Pete