The simFlight Network Forums

LUA problems 4.931

Peter,

I know you are away on holiday. Ive just installed the iFly latest update to use Activesky Next weather radar. This in turn updated my FSUIPC to the latest version.

I use lua scripts that are automatically loaded by FSUIPC that read iFly offsets and give me lit LEDS on my goflight panels. Im sorry to say that after the update, no lights are working as if the LUA scripts arent working anymore. I think another gentleman FSUIPC user is also having problems with his throttles and also using LUA. Maybe this points to a change in FSUIPC regarding LUA.

Ive reverted to 4.929 and the lights function normally again but Im not sure what impact this will have on the functionality of ASN weather radar.

Enjoy your holiday

Graham

I know you are away on holiday.

No, not yet. From Saturday.

Ive just installed the iFly latest update to use Activesky Next weather radar. This in turn updated my FSUIPC to the latest version.

The latest version is 4.933, not 4.931 as in your title.

I use lua scripts that are automatically loaded by FSUIPC that read iFly offsets and give me lit LEDS on my goflight panels. Im sorry to say that after the update, no lights are working as if the LUA scripts arent working anymore. I think another gentleman FSUIPC user is also having problems with his throttles and also using LUA. Maybe this points to a change in FSUIPC regarding LUA.

I haven't sufficient information from the other report, and although I've seen the Lua script he is using it is far too complex for me to understand what is going on.

Perhaps yours is simpler and will enable me to determine what the problem might be? If so I'd love to look at it please, so I can see what might be the problem. If you are quick maybe I can fix this before I go away? I don't like having things to worry about when on holiday. :-(

Could you therefore do these things, please, ASAP? 

1.In FSUIPC's logging tab, enable the Lua debug/trace options. Then close down FS.

2.Reload FS and do the shortest test possible which shows the problem. Close down FS.

3.ZIP up the FSUIPC4 log file and your Lua plug in, and send them to me at petedowson@btconnect.com with a brief explanation of what you did and what you expected which didn't work.

I've made no changes which should affect any existing Lua plug-in that I know of, so if there is a problem it must be something accidental. i need to know where to start looking, at least. I use a lot of Lua plug-ins for all sorts of things, and i've not found any which don't work with 4.933.

Regards

Pete