The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC install issues

Hi,

Last night I purchased FSUIPC v4.9 and WideFS7 as a combined package. I got the downloader and email with the registrations keys for both of these programs. I read the installation guide that came in the download and followed the instructions to: -

1)      Copy the .exe file to desktop and run as admin

2)      The installer completed and didn’t show any errors other than not finding a fsx.cfg in numerous roaming folders.

I was then asked if I wanted to register one or both, I selected both and the window asking for the FDUIPC reg key. I entered this and then for about 2 seconds the window pops up asking for the wideFS7 key. Before I can put it in the box closes and, as I have been through this a number of times, it asks if I want to reinstall the program using the recommended settings. On other times I have been through this install it doesn’t ask that and just closes to the desktop. The log says all the files were installed but when I go into the modules folder, nothing is there for FSUIPC.

I tried the install again without registering this time and it installs and shows in the FSX menu as the non registered version. When I try to install again with the registration I get nowhere. Sometimes it allows me to complete the registration for both programs and the files populate in the modules folder. When I run FSX I don’t get the option to trust FSUIPC. The FSUIPC doesn’t show in the menu and when I exit FSX the files are gone again out the modules. I can’t understand what’s going on. Everything else on my rig  works great

I have tried a number of things to resolve this but really looking for some help.

Many thanks

Glenn

I was then asked if I wanted to register one or both, I selected both and the window asking for the FDUIPC reg key. I entered this and then for about 2 seconds the window pops up asking for the wideFS7 key. Before I can put it in the box closes and, as I have been through this a number of times, it asks if I want to reinstall the program using the recommended settings. On other times I have been through this install it doesn’t ask that and just closes to the desktop. The log says all the files were installed but when I go into the modules folder, nothing is there for FSUIPC.

I tried the install again without registering this time and it installs and shows in the FSX menu as the non registered version. When I try to install again with the registration I get nowhere. Sometimes it allows me to complete the registration for both programs and the files populate in the modules folder. When I run FSX I don’t get the option to trust FSUIPC. The FSUIPC doesn’t show in the menu and when I exit FSX the files are gone again out the modules. I can’t understand what’s going on. Everything else on my rig  works great

I've not heard of anything like any of the problems you mention.  In particular the dialogue asking you if you want to register of not is a standard Windows dialog and it cannot close until you click one of the buttons. So having it disappearing without any action whatever on your part is extremely weird.

Also if there is a Modules folder it will have been actually created by FSUIPC4's installer at the time it copied the files, so I simply cannot imagine how an empty modules folder can arise. I'm wondering if you are looking in the wrong place.

Please show me the FSUIPC4 Install log file. You can paste it into a message here. If you can't find it, just make sure to save a copy somewhere you CAN find it, using the File menu for this in the display.

Pete