The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC3.07 prob with button assignment

Hi Pete and everyone else,

I am using FSUIPC3.07(registered) and PFC1.61 together with the Cirrus2 and Digital Avionics. The cowl flaps switch on the cirrus is assigned to open and close the cowl flaps in increments on the console page of the PFC driver. This assignment was lost when I upgraded to FSUIPC3.07. When I try to reassign it and try to access the list of FS controls FS encounters a "problem" and needs to be closed.

ErrorDetails: A fatal error occured

ErrorSignature: AppName:FS9.exe

AppVer:8.0.010919

ModName:pfc.dll

ModVer:1.6.1.0

Offset:00018084

After viewing the details the computer is locked and I must use the reset button.

I then tried to assign via the FSUIPC button assignment facilitiy. Same result. As soon as I try to access the list of FS controls Fs crashes.

Also my previous assignments in this facility don't show up when I press the respective buttons on the avionics stack or the cirrus. The joystick number and button is displayed but the field where the assigned FS control should appear is empty.

Additionally the PFC driver window looked different. All the tabs right of the console tab were removed.

After two hours of trying and rebooting I reverted back to FSUIPC3.06 (glad I kept it) and now everything is working flawlessly again. Since I didn't touch the *.ini files even my old settings are restored.

Any ideas about this?

Best regards

Frank

Any ideas about this?

Ouch! :cry:

There is a change in 3.07 which was designed to fix a problem on one users system whereby the Joysticks tab didn't appear. I believe the same problem would have prevented the FS controls from being assigned too. This change did make this all work on that user's system, and as far as I can see should not actually mess anything up on any other users system either.

Evidently I was wrong. I don't understand this at present. It works on the original problem system, and it works on the three different systems I have tested it on hereso it is a puzzle.

I will get back to you on this when I have some more ideas. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Pete

OK, I'll stay with 3.06 for a while then.

Can you send me an email on petedowson@btconnect.com so I can send you a Beta FSUIPC as an attachment. I need to get more information. I have changed it so that it does the same as 3.06 did, so it shouldn't muck anything up (but keep 3.06 just in case), but also logs some extra information for me, so I can understand why the 3.07 mod failed on your system -- I've stared and stared at it (only two lines of code) and I just don't understand how 3.06 could work and that 3.07 change not. I would understand it better the other way!

Thanks!

Pete

Right, I can reproduce this only in FS2002, not FS2004 (== FS9) as you have indicated.

I'll work on a fix for FS2002 and release it later this week.

If you do also get it in FS2004 I will need to investigate further, because I cannot see how it can go wrong now in FS2004.

Regards,

Pete

I purchased a reg key today for 3.07 in 2002 and have this exact problem.Every time I try and assign a button on my yoke to raise or lower the gear,FS needs to close?What can I do?

I've only just discovered this today -- it is in FS2002 or before only. I've said this in the "Important" announcement. I wil fix it within the next couple of days and provide 3.08 when I can. Sorry.

Unfortunately the original report was for FS2004, so a couple of days or so were wasted on this looking in the wrong places. Never mind. It will be fixed.

Regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

Right, I can reproduce this only in FS2002, not FS2004 (== FS9) as you have indicated.

Sorry to have wasted your time. I should have noticed it when typing

AppVer:8.0.010919

Silly me :oops:

I'll work on a fix for FS2002 and release it later this week.

Thanks Pete. Your efforts are highly appreciated.

I owe you a beer I suppose :)

Regards

Frank

Hi Pete,

I purchased a reg key today for 3.07 in 2002 and have this exact problem.Every time I try and assign a button on my yoke to raise or lower the gear,FS needs to close?What can I do??

Bart

Bart,

would you like to have a copy of version 3.06 untill this is fixed?

Then just tell me an email adress where I can send it to.

It works fine with FS2002.

Regards

Frank

Hi Pete,

the 3.072beta you sent me works fine :D .

Thank You very much.

One question: you're telling me that this beta wil expire somewhen and that I should replace it with 3.08 before expiration. What would happen if I forgot this?

Regards

Frank

One question: you're telling me that this beta wil expire somewhen and that I should replace it with 3.08 before expiration. What would happen if I forgot this?

When a Beta expires it you get a message box telling you this, when FS is loading. When you click OK, FSUIPC will close. It tries to do this tidily and it does tell FS that it cannot run, but FS then usually decides to crash.

This doesn't do any permanent harm, it is just annoying, which is why I advise folks of the Beta expiry and always make the life of a Beta generous enough to ensure a good overlap with a production version.

Regards,

Pete