The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 4 pan view stuttering

I´m glad it seems to work. But when I open the Task Manager, I see the 2 cores running at 50-70 %, 1 core running at 100% and 1 core running at only about 20%. Is it possible to assign FSUIPC to that certain core so that it doesn´t interfere with the core FSX is mainly running on? Another problem seems to be that I still get a few joystick disconnects although joysticks are disabled within FSX.

I´m glad it seems to work. But when I open the Task Manager, I see the 2 cores running at 50-70 %, 1 core running at 100% and 1 core running at only about 20%. Is it possible to assign FSUIPC to that certain core so that it doesn´t interfere with the core FSX is mainly running on?

No. Windows default core scheduling should be as good if not better. Most of what FSUIPC has to do must be run in the main FS thread or it won't work. In fact 95% of what FS does in in one main thread, and there's no way of splitting it. FSUIPC does use a few separate threads, but apart from those dealing with Networking (for WideFS) they a very small and do very little.

Anyway trying to assign individual threads within a single process is generally not a good idea -- things can get much worse that way. It's other processes you want to keep off. Most of the Windows base processes run in core 0 so with FSX use an affinity mask setting which avoids core 0.

If you want better sharing out of cores you'd be better off moving to P3D where they have made some improvements in that area, as well as shifting graphics work to the GPU. . FSX was never designed to take much, if any, advantage of multiple cores.

Another problem seems to be that I still get a few joystick disconnects although joysticks are disabled within FSX.

Disconnects are not anything to do with FSUIPC and nothing it can do about. They seem very very prevalent with Saitek devices. I don't know if that's just because they are so popular and therefore used a lot, or if they are really so bad, but I rarely if ever see anyone saying any other makes disconnect. I don't use Saitek at all and have never ever had any disconnection problems. Of course i am using Windows 7, which is probably the most important difference.

Pete