The simFlight Network Forums

AutoTuneADF

Salut Pete,

From page 10 FSUIPC manual :

AutoTuneADF : This controls an option to ‘auto-tune’ the ADF radio. If this is enabled, when FSUIPC detects no NDB signal being received it alternates the fractional part of the ADF frequency between .0 and .5 every seven seconds or so.This allows external cockpits built with only whole-number ADF radio facilities to be used in areas like the U.K. which have many NDB frequencies ending in .5

The AutoTuneADF=YES line was added to the General section of FSUIPC.ini file located in the P3Dv2.2 Modules folder but I can't make it working with FSUIPC v 4.931 (registered) : the ADF freq settings TA 286.5 5 or EM 295.5 (LFPV-LFOX) are not detected at all, the needle remains stationary even when overflying the NdB.

Could you please check ? Should I try FSUIPC v4.934 instead ?

Thanks for assistance.

[General]
UpdatedByVersion=4931
History=A7CFG4HR4PS9NAGGTC5Q2
InitDelayDevicesToo=No
NewInterceptTextMenu=No
UseSystemTime=No
UseMidMouseBtn=Yes
MouseWheelMove=No
MouseWheelTrim=No
MouseWheelTrimSpeed=1
JoystickTimeout=20
PollGFTQ6=Yes
BlankDisplays=No
FixControlAccel=No
FixMachSpeedBug=Yes
DeleteVehiclesForAES=Yes
AutoScanDevices=Yes
VisibilityOptions=No
OneCloudLayer=No
CloudTurbulence=No
CloudIcing=No
GenerateCirrus=No
SuppressCloudTurbulence=No
MaxIce=3
MinIce=-4
UpperWindGusts=No
SuppressWindTurbulence=Yes
SuppressWindVariance=Yes
WindTurbulence=No
TurbulenceRate=1.0,5.0
TurbulenceDivisor=20,20,40,40
SuppressAllGusts=Yes
MaxSurfaceWind=0
WindLimitLevel=200
WindDiscardLevel=400
WindAjustAltitude=No
WindAjustAltitudeBy=2000
SmoothBySimTime=No
WindSmoothing=Yes
WindSmoothness=-4
WindSmoothAirborneOnly=Yes
PressureSmoothness=8
TemperatureSmoothness=25
DisconnTrimForAP=No
ZeroElevForAPAlt=No
ThrottleSyncAll=Yes
WhiteMessages=Yes
ShowPMcontrols=No
SpoilerIncrement=512
MagicBattery=No
RudderSpikeRemoval=No
ElevatorSpikeRemoval=No
AileronSpikeRemoval=No
ReversedElevatorTrim=No
ClockSync=No
ClockSyncMins=5
ClearWeatherDynamics=No
OwnWeatherChanges=No
TimeForSelect=4
LoadFlightMenu=No
LoadPlanMenu=No
PauseAfterCrash=No
BrakeReleaseThreshold=75
SaveDataWithFlights=No
ZapSound=firework
ShortAircraftNameOk=Substring
UseProfiles=Yes
EnableMouseLook=No
AxesWrongRange=No
TCASid=Flight
TCASrange=40
AxisCalibration=No
DirectAxesToCalibs=No
ShowMultilineWindow=No
SuppressSingleline=No
SuppressMultilineFS=Yes
AxisIntercepts=No
DontResetAxes=No
InitDelay=0
GetNearestAirports=No
OOMcheck=Yes
WeatherReadFactor=1
WeatherRewriteSeconds=1
CustomWeatherModify=No
SimConnectStallTime=1
InitialStallTime=10
NormalStallTime=1
LuaRerunDelay=66
Console=No
ThrottleSyncToggle=83,11
AllEngHotKey=69,11
DelayedMouseLookZoom=No
AutoTuneADF=Yes
FSVersionUsed="Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v2",2.2.10437.0
SimConnectUsed=2.2.0.0

[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=No
0=Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar
0.GUID={CE3DFB20-0754-11DF-8001-444553540000}

[buttons]
ButtonRepeat=20,10

[AutoSave]
Next=3
Interval=600
Files=3
SaveOnGround=Yes
AutoSaveEnabled=Yes
1=Wed 195357
2=Thu 073411
3=Wed 190506
AlsoManage1=A300B4\Settings\*.dat
AlsoManage2=C:\Users\Jean-Louis\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files\*.P47
AlsoManage3=C:\Users\Jean-Louis\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files\*.a2a

[GPSout]
GPSoutEnabled=No
Port=COM1
Speed=4800
Interval=2000
PosTo6Decimal=No
SimModeIndicator=No
Sentences=

[GPSout2]
GPSoutEnabled=No
Port=<none set>
Speed=4800
Interval=2000
PosTo6Decimal=No
SimModeIndicator=No
Sentences=

[WideServer]
WideFSenabled=Yes

[sounds]
Path=G:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Sound\
Device1=Périphérique audio principal
Device2=Haut-parleurs (Sennheiser USB Headset)
Device3=Haut-parleurs (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Device4=Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)

The AutoTuneADF=YES line was added to the General section of FSUIPC.ini file located in the P3Dv2.2 Modules folder but I can't make it working with FSUIPC v 4.931 (registered) : the ADF freq settings TA 286.5 5 or EM 295.5 (LFPV-LFOX) are not detected at all, the needle remains stationary even when overflying the NdB.

Could you please check ? Should I try FSUIPC v4.934 instead ?

There is no FSUIPC version which works properly with your installed version of P3D 2.2. you MUST apply the 10438 update as made clear in the sticky at the top of the forum and also in the Changes notice included in the ZIP file for 4.931. 

And, yes, please now update to 4.934 also.

You can check this yourself -- I won't have time for a couple of days. All the AutoTuneADF option does is try the frequency with .0 and .5 alternately. You can Monitor this in FSUIPC logging, right-hand page. Offset is 0356, Type U8. That should be changing between 0 and 5 at five second intervals whilst no ADF signal is detected. If it is doing this, then the option is working but maybe the signal strength indication from P3D is broken. That is in offset 0C1C, type U32 and needs to be 50 or more for a recognised signal.

Note that this option can also be disabled by a non-zero value in offset 3108, type U8. Check there too -- this option is used by some applications (I don't recall what they wanted it for!).

Pete

Thanks for the info but I'm currently using the 2.2.10438.0 update

Just tried again this morning with FSUIPC 4.934 installed, taking off from LFPV : the issue is still there, the ADF needle does not move despite a correct freq setting  286.

As for the rest, I'm afraid it looks like Chinese for me...

Would you please check by yourself when you get enough time to do it

Best regards

Thanks for the info but I'm currently using the 2.2.10438.0 update

Not according to the version number of the P3D exe, as saved in the INI file you showed:

FSVersionUsed="Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v2",2.2.10437.0

Maybe you didn't install the update correctly?

As for the rest, I'm afraid it looks like Chinese for me...

You don't need to understand it. If you just bothered to go to the Logging Tab in FSUIPC options, you will see on the right-hand side words matching those I said, like "Offset" and "Type". I knew I didn't need to actually explain what they meant because you can simply match the words -- they are there, on the screen. ;-)

I can understand that you then might not know where to look to see the results. I'll help. just check the  "normal log" option below (that's the checkbox with those words next to it), do the test, then show me the log.

Would you please check by yourself when you get enough time to do it

Well, it's so unimportant to you, and you really can't match my words to words on screen, yes, I can look. Maybe next week. I rarely run P3D at all.

But first try again with the 10438 update for P3D properly installed.

If I've not come back by a week tomorrow, remind me, because after that I'm on holiday in Poland. ;-)

Pete

Rather strange cause the "about" screen is showing 2.2.10438.0 ??? In other words the update seems to be properly installed...

No, the issue is not that important to me. I was just wondering why the "AutoTuneADF" FSUIPC control that is said to be working fine is actually not working, at least for me ??

Rather strange cause the "about" screen is showing 2.2.10438.0 ??? In other words the update seems to be properly installed...

I think the about display is generated from another module -- the DLL for different languages I think. It sounds like you may have not got all the correct components of the 10438 copied over from their ZIP. To check the EXE, right click on it and select Properties - Version.

Probably then best to re-copy all of the parts from the ZIP over again, and re-check.

No, the issue is not that important to me. I was just wondering why the "AutoTuneADF" FSUIPC control that is said to be working fine is actually not working, at least for me ??

It works fine for FSX. It's pretty simple. I would suspect a P3D bug, but I'll check and report it next week -- if it is still the same in 2.3, that is. 

Pete

Okay. I found some spare time and tried it.

I can confirm that it works fine with the as-yet unreleased P3D version 2.3 -- this is with the early Beta1. I'm not able to test it with 2.2 10438 because I am not in a position to re-install it. Maybe it was a bug and is now fixed, but my guess is that it's to do with your bad 10438 install.

I actually went to LFPV as in your first example, tuned to 286.0 and within 5 seconds the autotune set 286.5. The signal is strong even on the runway at LFPV. My normal test is Whitegate near EGCC, on 368.5, because it is local to me, but for that I need to get nearer and off the ground.

If you still have problems you'll need to try to do the tests I told you about.

Pete

Thanks very much for taking the time to try.

"To check the EXE, right click on it and select Properties - Version" I can confirm from my P3D version is 2.2.10438.0 as shown in the properties "Détails" TAB and I don't understand why FSUIPC.ini file is showing 2.2.10437 ??

Moreover, if the "AutoTuneADF" FSUIPC control  does not work with the C172 Trainer A2A it works fine with the C337 Carenado (P3D v2.2 platform) : the ADF FREQ display set to 286 switches alternatively from 286 to 286.5 . It also does not work with P3D v1.4.4747 and the C172 Trainer

It makes me think the issue seems to be related with the C172 Trainer that does not display ADF fractionnal FREQ. I did not try with FSX but some C172 Trainer users have reported it works OK

Regards

"To check the EXE, right click on it and select Properties - Version" I can confirm from my P3D version is 2.2.10438.0 as shown in the properties "Détails" TAB and I don't understand why FSUIPC.ini file is showing 2.2.10437 ??

Moreover, if the "AutoTuneADF" FSUIPC control  does not work with the C172 Trainer A2A it works fine with the C337 Carenado (P3D v2.2 platform) : the ADF FREQ display set to 286 switches alternatively from 286 to 286.5 . It also does not work with P3D v1.4.4747 and the C172 Trainer

It makes me think the issue seems to be related with the C172 Trainer that does not display ADF fractionnal FREQ. I did not try with FSX but some C172 Trainer users have reported it works OK

Regards

Well, something is telling FSUIPC that version number, assuming it is still shown that way in the FSUIPC4.INI file. Please check the FSUIPC4.LOG file -- show that to me please. There it logs the version returned by SimConnect. You could also check the FSUIPC4 Installer log file, which will also show the version number direct from the EXE properties.

[LATER] I just checked my code, and the line which goes into the INI file contains the same information as the line in the LOG file, and is the version number as supplied by SimConnect. In my case, when I was using version 2.2 build 10438 the LOG line showed:

Running in "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v2", Version: 2.2.10438.0 (SimConnect: 2.2.0.0)

So, I still think your update is done fully and it would be worth re-copying the files/folders across. It can't do any harm and will avoid any problems possibly caused by mismatched modules.

Moreover, if the "AutoTuneADF" FSUIPC control  does not work with the C172 Trainer A2A it works fine with the C337 Carenado (P3D v2.2 platform) : the ADF FREQ display set to 286 switches alternatively from 286 to 286.5 . It also does not work with P3D v1.4.4747 and the C172 Trainer

Okay. Sorry, then, FSUIPC is doing what it should. I think you need to take this to A2A.

Regards

Pete