The simFlight Network Forums

REAL WEATHER (STATIC) AND FSUIPC

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi, I'm using real weather (static) and registered fsuipc in fs9.

I've set the options as best as I remembered from fs2002.

I take off with real weather static, but after a while in my weather options it shows 'custom weather' rather than real weather static.

I suppose it's because of fsuipc 'tweaking' the internal meteo.

My question is:

Is the meteo source still 'REAL WEATHER static' despite showing in the weather menu 'custom weather' ?

cheers

Luca

Hi, I'm using real weather (static) and registered fsuipc in fs9. I take off with real weather static, but after a while in my weather options it shows 'custom weather' rather than real weather static.

I suppose it's because of fsuipc 'tweaking' the internal meteo.

Yes -- either you are not using the latest FSUIPC version (3.07 is current, version 3.08 will go out today or tomorrow), or you have checked an option on the Technical page which tells FSUIPC to affect FS's own global weather.

All the details of these changes and their adverse effects are described in the permanent Announcements at the top of this forum. Please check the "Important" one, and also the details of recent changes. They will explain it all.

Is the meteo source still 'REAL WEATHER static' despite showing in the weather menu 'custom weather' ?

Well, all FS2004 weather seems to change all the time in any case. There are no facilities in FSUIPC to change localised FS weather, so it hasn't changed any of that -- only FS does. The only part of FS weather which FSUIPC can reach is the "global" weather, which is what FS applies to any areas where it has no local werather station.

The indication "user-defined" occurs whenever any little aspect of the weather is tweaked. The only exceptions are the three FSUIPC visibility options marked ***, which actually bypass all that stuff and go straight for the graphics.

Regards,

Pete

Guest Anonymous

Yes -- either you are not using the latest FSUIPC version (3.07 is current, version 3.08 will go out today or tomorrow), or you have checked an option on the Technical page which tells FSUIPC to affect FS's own global weather.

All the details of these changes and their adverse effects are described in the permanent Announcements at the top of this forum. Please check the "Important" one, and also the details of recent changes. They will explain it all.

Well, all FS2004 weather seems to change all the time in any case. There are no facilities in FSUIPC to change localised FS weather, so it hasn't changed any of that -- only FS does. The only part of FS weather which FSUIPC can reach is the "global" weather, which is what FS applies to any areas where it has no local werather station.

The indication "user-defined" occurs whenever any little aspect of the weather is tweaked. The only exceptions are the three FSUIPC visibility options marked ***, which actually bypass all that stuff and go straight for the graphics.

I'm using 3.07 and probably I had switched 'affects FS own global weather' on. (I can't check now I'm at work).

I've been through the IMPORTANT post and sorry but I'm still confused.

Yesterday I was flying with real weather static turned on.

When I noticed the weather wasn't set to 'real weather static' anymore, I reloaded it and the weather became poor. It meant to me that the real weather was much different than the one I was flying in (!)

Please bear in mind I've used the same real world weather (downloaded with getweather) before.

I would like to have 'real weather static' and allow fsuipc to tweak visibility, smooth wind/pressure/clouds ecc., add random turbolence rain/snow...

PRESERVING the original real weather (static)picture.

Could you tell me what fsuipc options to turn ON/OFF?

Thank you for your time

and compliments for fsuipc and all the other modules you've developed Pete.

cheers

Luca

I would like to have 'real weather static' and allow fsuipc to tweak visibility, smooth wind/pressure/clouds ecc., add random turbolence rain/snow...

I can't do that. I can't get at the current localised weather. I can influence what local weather is set by external programs, as that all has to come through FSUIPC's interface. If you really want to use all of FSUIPC's weather options you have to use an external weather program.

The only FS weather I can get at is the "global" weather, which is only used for areas that have no local WX stations (as I already said). The only exceptions are the three visibility options marked ***, as I also said.

PRESERVING the original real weather (static)picture.

I don't know any way at all to preserve any weather in FS2004, in any case. It seems to be a live thing, a proper simulation, not a fixed once-and-for-all setting. I have discussed this in some of the announcements above, and it is also discussed in the back of the current FSUIPC User Guide. It seems that, even with the dynamic changes turned off, the weather changes, just more slowly. Clouds blow away, things change. A bit like the real world, I suppose? :?

Regards,

Pete