The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC header file for 2004

Pete,

We use FSUIPC for some of our research software here at the FAA Technical Center. I have had a request to update my software from FS2002 to FS2004. Unfortunately, the new SDK isn't out yet. Can I get a copy of whatever SDK info you have available? At the least I need the .h and .lib files for C so I can get a basic recompile. Thanks.

Matt Mariani

matthew.mariani@faa.gov

We use FSUIPC for some of our research software here at the FAA Technical Center. I have had a request to update my software from FS2002 to FS2004. Unfortunately, the new SDK isn't out yet. Can I get a copy of whatever SDK info you have available? At the least I need the .h and .lib files for C so I can get a basic recompile. Thanks.

There's really no need to recompile. the only possible change to any of the source it to add FS2004 as another version with number 7.

The main changes in the SDK will be some additional information in the Programmers Guide, details of the New Weather Interface, and details of the registration procedures -- how to build access keys into your application, for instance. I am working on the SDK update now, but if you want any information specifically on the extras, just ask.

Your program should work without any recompilation, provided you either have a user registered copy of FSUIPC, or an access key for your program. The whole point of the FSUIPC interace, which is still based on FS98, is to keep compatibility, at least in the forward direction. :)

Regards,

Pete