The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek, FSUIPC, A2A & VRS

Hi,

Has anyone else experienced an issue I seem to have where the Saitek Pro Yoke and Saitek X52 button assignments in FSUIPC (full) will not work unless I have the MS Game Controller properties window (for the applicable controller) running in the background. It only seems to happen with the A2A Cessna and VRS Superbug. The superbug also has really sensitive aileron movements unless the properties window is open aswell.  In all instances FSX handling of controllers is disabled and FSUIPC handles calibration values directly.

The Saitek SST is not installed.

Any help is much appreciated.

Matt

I recall a very old thread that addressed the issue of having to have the MS Game Controller properties window open, but that

was concerned with being able to 'see' the 'Mode' select switch on the Saitek product.

I have a Saitek X-45 connected using my old DAT files from years ago, as well a a Pro Yoke and dual throttle quads all

programmed in FSUIPC4....no Saitek software installed (dastardly .pro files!) for those items.

All work just fine, and I have all the A2A Accu-Sim aircraft with aircraft-specific FSUIPC4.ini sections and Lua scripts.

On the Mode switch(s), there seems to be some internal code that inhibits them from being seen externally...i.e. by FSUIPC4.

Opening the MS Controller seems to bypass this. If the inoperable functions rely or use the Mode switch, they won't

work as 'raw' inputs to FSUIPC4.

Paul

To make FSUIPC "see" the Saitek Mode switch, go into the folder C:\Windows\System32 (assuming the C drive is where things are at, otherwise substitute the correct letter)  – you should find a file SaiD0BAC.pro. Rename this file (as an alternative to deleting it) – I simply renamed mine SaiD0BACmodeswitch.pr0 to help remind me why I had done this, and left it in the original System32 folder (of course, you can also place a backup of the file in a "safe" place and then delete the original). Then restart Windows, and the next time you start FSX pull up FSUIPC and go to the Buttons + Switches section and flip the mode switch – FSUIPC should register the switch when it moves. From time to time, for reasons I'm not sure of, the original SaiD0BAC.pro file reappears ( and the mode switch doesn't work) and I have to delete it so just my renamed file remains in the C:\Windows\System32 folder.

Please note: I don't use any of the Saitek software, drivers, etc, but instead run everything through FSUIPC, and have not seen any impact of "eliminating" the SaiD0BAC.pro file since I first did this over a year ago. I do not know what the purpose of the SaiD0BAC file is, and what the impact of the above might be if you use the Saitek software. If it does cause you a problem, you can simply rename it back to its original name.

Al

Thanks guys for your quick replies!

Paul, you were certainly on the right track and Al, following your procedures worked perfectly. Renamed the .pro file, restarted and now all buttons work without the need to open the MS Controllers window. 

This issue did only pop its head up after manually creating offsets and compound buttons for the mode switch positions, what I was noticing in FSUIPC however was that when trying to figure out each button number, FSUIPC would recognize the mode position first press of the button and then the actual button on the second press. 

After applying this fix that doesn't occur anymore.

Happy Days!! now onto the PMDG assignments....

Regards

Matt