The simFlight Network Forums

help...FSUIPC is freezing up FS2002!

I just purchased a registration key for FSUIPC yesterday and it made FS2002 unplayabale. After about 5-10min of normal operation, the program just quits and I get kicked out to the desktop. Everything was fine until I got it registered. Needles to say, I'm pretty frustrated.... but I'm confident that there must be a way to remedy this since I vaguely remember hearing about it elsewhere. When I removed the .dll file, the program works fine. Please help.

FS2002

WinXP Pro

Athlon 1800+

One of the main reasons I registered FSUIPC was because people have told me it can fix alot of the autopilot problems encountered in various shareware aircraft (I get a pretty severe "bouncing" with some of them). Please tell me if this is in fact the case, since I haven't even gotten the opportunity to find out first-hand. I have two friends with unregistered copies and I was sort of the guinea pig. So far the experiment isn't going well.

Thanks-

Juan

I just purchased a registration key for FSUIPC yesterday and it made FS2002 unplayabale. After about 5-10min of normal operation, the program just quits and I get kicked out to the desktop. Everything was fine until I got it registered.

I've not heard of anything like that before. Can you tell me what version of FSUIPC it is please? And I need to see the FSUIPC.INI and LOG files, both from the Modules folder. Please ZIP them up and send them as attachments to me at petedowson@btconnect.com.

Also I need to know what programs and panels you are using with it -- when you registered FSUIPC to allowed all and any programs, gauges, DLLs to use it freely if they wish. It may be something else, not FSUIPC, which is crashing. In fact that is much more likely.

Also, try it with FSUIPC's weather options set to "minimum" (there's a button on the first options screen). By default FSUIPC does make the weather a little more complex on FS2002, and this may be placing more of a strain on your graphics card and showing up a fault or problem on that -- maybe temperature, driver, or DX problem. You could also check for that by reducing the hardware acceleration on the card, or try a lower resolution (just as a test of course).

You should be aware that FSUIPC has been in use on FS2002 without such problems now for over two years. I don't know where you heard about such problems before, but no one has reported them to me. The difference registration made is that lots of default options got switched on when you did that, making it run as it has been on FS2002 for a long time now. Without registration and no aplication programs it wasn't doing much.

Regards,

Pete