The simFlight Network Forums

Update question

Bobby

Hi Pete,

I have managed to patch my Ready For Pushback 747 from 2002 to 2004. I also managed to get your FSIPC zip file loaded. I say "managed" because I have a dedicated Flight Simulator computer that does NOT have Internet access. Everything I need to download, I do so on another machine, burn to CD, then unzip in the gaming machine.

Since I believe that you have the right to be paid for your work, I have paid for a registration key which is still being processed by your order site. I am assumming that I can simply enter that in the FSUIPC module of FS2004 when it arrives by email.

My question is: if you update your software, will I be able to download the update on this machine, burn it to a CD, and unzip it to my gaming machine? I know some sites will not allow a download or an install if they don't "see" the original software on the downloading machine.

I have no problems with copy protection; I just have a somewhat unique situation here.

I'm looking forward to the full use of your product and thank you in advance for your answer.

Bobby

I have a dedicated Flight Simulator computer that does NOT have Internet access. Everything I need to download, I do so on another machine, burn to CD, then unzip in the gaming machine.

I used to have such a dedicated FS machine, but I've linked up my machines in a Network for years. Unless you are talking about different rooms, Networking has great advantages in just about all respects, and makes stuff like that much easier. even though my current FS PC does have internet (I'm using a router on the Network, so any Network PC has access), I still always download to the main Internet PC (this one) and transfer things for FS across the Network. I do use CD-R for backup, though.

My question is: if you update your software, will I be able to download the update on this machine, burn it to a CD, and unzip it to my gaming machine? I know some sites will not allow a download or an install if they don't "see" the original software on the downloading machine.

You can download any of my FS programs and modules at any time as you wish. The registration is a personal one and recorded on your PC, it does not affect the modules directly. And there's no "if" about it, by the way, the software is updated regularly, and will continue to be so until everything that needs to be done for FS2004 is done. The current version of FSUIPC is 3.07 but I have 3.08 waiting to go iut, just pending resolution of one outstanding problem.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks Pete,

I am unable to link the machines because of the way it was built; I suppose I could add a network card but I'm happy with the way it works so far.

At least I know I can move updates when needed. Thank you for your reply and I look forward to the registration when it arrives.

Regards,

Bobby