The simFlight Network Forums

saitek throttle quadrant lever for parking brake

Hi all, I have managed to assign most of the six levers on my saitek throttle quadrants for mixture, prop pitch and throttles including reverse, only thing I'm struggling with is trying to assign a sliding lever to the park brake as there isn't a separate prk brake on and park brake off.

I tried to get it to work but the brakez went totally haywire.

Thanks.

Hi all, I have managed to assign most of the six levers on my saitek throttle quadrants for mixture, prop pitch and throttles including reverse, only thing I'm struggling with is trying to assign a sliding lever to the park brake as there isn't a separate prk brake on and park brake off.

You could probably do it by using the FSUIPC offset controls.

Offset word set, with Offset = xBC8, Parameter = 32768 to Set Parking Brake,

Offset word set, with Offset = xBC8, Parameter = 0 to Release Parking Brake,

Pete

Thanks Pete that has sorted out what I was trying to achieve.

I have another question for you if I may, I have my throttles, props and mixture and park brake all on my Saitek throttle quadrants and all through FSUIPC, when the sim first starts FSX doesn't seem to register where the sliders are positioned until I move them up and down a bit first, ie throttles aren't loading at idle when the levers are at idle, is there a setting I am missing or is this just the way it works in FSX.

Thanks.

I have another question for you if I may, I have my throttles, props and mixture and park brake all on my Saitek throttle quadrants and all through FSUIPC, when the sim first starts FSX doesn't seem to register where the sliders are positioned until I move them up and down a bit first, ie throttles aren't loading at idle when the levers are at idle, is there a setting I am missing or is this just the way it works in FSX.

That's just the way it works. Levers only do anything when moved. It should be part of your initialisation when you get into your 'cockpit' -- move everything.

In a real cockpit (well certainly modern Boeing airliners) there's a display available showing control surface positions and you'd use that to check all was well. Move everything the whole distance back and forth a few times. Helps keeps the measuring surface clean and smooth as well. (In the real aircraft you'd need to warn ground crew first of course, else it could be dangerous). You also need hydraulic pressure available first, but that will depend on your add-on aircraft simulation.

Pete