The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek X55 and Rotary Dials

Hi All,

I have just purchaced fsuipc and am using linda to config some buttons and dials to my x55.

Now there are 4 rotary knobs on the throthle controller that i can use

when i go into fsuipc and move one knob i can see information coming from the axis.

i can then use fs control and select the speed increase option

now this happens

1. the knob works but only forward not reverse, can anyone explain to me how to use one knob for forward and backward motion?

2. Can i use more then 1 settings for a rotary knob? for me important is to use all autopiliot dials for increase of speed, alt etc.

Thanks all for looking and taking time to respond

Greetz,

Nick

when i go into fsuipc and move one knob i can see information coming from the axis.

i can then use fs control and select the speed increase option

now this happens

1. the knob works but only forward not reverse, can anyone explain to me how to use one knob for forward and backward motion?

If this knob really driving an axis, and not providing button presses? Where are you assigning "speed increas"? What actual control?

If it's an axis you assign to an axis control, not aan increase or decrease, and then calibrate to get the right range. If it sends button presses then turning the other way should give you a different button number, so you assign that to decrease.

2. Can i use more then 1 settings for a rotary knob? for me important is to use all autopiliot dials for increase of speed, alt etc.

All the rotary encoders I've ever used give a different result turned one way compared to the other, so you can make two different assignments.

If you are seeing the raw phased changes of two different buttons, then your rotary encoder is one of the more basic ones and is usually connected via a decoding board such as the Bodnar ones which decode the phase differences for you. Otherwise you'd need to do this yourself by programming thepair of button inputs appropriately. There's details of how to do this in the FSUIPC4 Advanced User's guide, about page 24. Look for "two-phase type rotary switches".

Pete