The simFlight Network Forums

Elite pro panel 2 and FSX Steam and new FSUICP for FSX Steam

Hello Pete,or someone else,

Just a simple question:

I have downloaded FSX Steam and your latest FSUICP version ( for FSX Steam).

The question is can I use now my Elite Pro Panel 2 again because the FSX software which is provided by Elite does not find FSX anymore.

There is also no way to point the software to the right location.

So the only way seems for me to do everything with FSUICP ( I have the registered version).

Is that possible without the elite software.

I also asked it to Elite but there the answering is slow therefore the question to you, mabey this is a better solution anyway.

I always had other hardware adjusted with FSUICP with great succes.

Best regards and thanks for the help

Michel la Faille

I have downloaded FSX Steam and your latest FSUICP version ( for FSX Steam).

The question is can I use now my Elite Pro Panel 2 again because the FSX software which is provided by Elite does not find FSX anymore.

There is also no way to point the software to the right location.

Sorry, but I don't understand why this "Elite" software needs to "find the FSX program". Doesn't it just need to see FSUIPC? What does it want to do?

Perhpas it interfaces via Simconnect? If so you probably merely need to install the FSX SimConnects -- these are provided in the FSX-SE SDK folder:

FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces 

There are all three FSX installers there.

So the only way seems for me to do everything with FSUICP ( I have the registered version).

Is that possible without the elite software.

I'm afraid I've no idea. What does this Elite software do?

I always had other hardware adjusted with FSUICP with great succes.

FSUIPC is not a hardware driver. It merely allows assignments to standard Windows-recognised  joystick type buttons and axes. It does understand a bit about GoFlight, but that needs the GFDev.DLL driver from GoFlight too.

If your panel is a USB connecting device, or maybe a serial port device, then you could probably write a driver using Lua, as a plug-in, but you'd need to know exactly what you are doing, how to drive the device.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the help , the problem is that the elite fsx plugin is not working.

I talked to elite and the said to uninstall all ( including the driver) and after that install again.

After that it has to work normal.

Let you know if I succeed

Michel