The simFlight Network Forums

Load Weather Theme via FSUIPC

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a possibility to change the weather theme from an external application in MSFS. SimConnect does have an API interface called SimConnect_WeatherSetModeTheme which allows to specify the filename and the theme will be loaded. I was sure FSUIPC had a similar method but looking through all documentation, headers and everything I cannot find anything.

So it is confirmed that this is not available from FSUIPC? Is there any other possibility, workaround or something?

Cheers

Roland

SimConnect does have an API interface called SimConnect_WeatherSetModeTheme which allows to specify the filename and the theme will be loaded. I was sure FSUIPC had a similar method but looking through all documentation, headers and everything I cannot find anything.

No, it isn't available in FSUIPC at present --it never really cropped up as a need. In fact you're the first person to even ask about it in the 9 years of SimConnect!

It wouldn't be hard to add. I'd need to find 256 bytes of space for the Theme pathname to be written, but it can be write-only as there's no way to read the name of the currently set theme.

So, if you confirm the need Ill see about adding it for the next FSUIPC update.

Pete

Pete,

I just realized I forgot the most important detail in my previous message. The reason why I'm asking to have that in FSUIPC is for FS2004. For FSX I'm fine to use SimConnect directly, but I'm using FSUIPC to interface with FS2004 and earlier so I was hoping to have something similar.

So if you could add it as well for FS2004 that would be super great. FSX only wouldn't help much I fear :(

Roland

I just realized I forgot the most important detail in my previous message. The reason why I'm asking to have that in FSUIPC is for FS2004. For FSX I'm fine to use SimConnect directly, but I'm using FSUIPC to interface with FS2004 and earlier so I was hoping to have something similar.

So if you could add it as well for FS2004 that would be super great. FSX only wouldn't help much I fear :(

Sorry, not only am I not doing any more development for FS9 or before (after all it is over 11 years old, and my FSUIPC3 code is earlier than that, dating to FS98 in the most part), but I would hve no idea how to do it and don't even have FS9 installed any more.

Best if you use SimConnect in FSX and P3D.

Pete