The simFlight Network Forums

I have recently finished building a replica B777 throttle quadrant to use with FSX and the PMDG 777-300 utilising the circuit boards from saitek throttle units and calibrated via FSUIPC. I have replaced the original worn out potentiometers with quality 10k new ones,   all the switches work fine as do all the potentiometers but, I did finish up with two potentiometers which were unused so, I decided to utilise one for the steering tiller however when I come to calibrate this pot it smoothly goes from the -34358 to zero the jumps to +34358 instead of a gradual change.

I would be grateful for any help as it's driving me mad at present. 

I have recently finished building a replica B777 throttle quadrant to use with FSX and the PMDG 777-300 utilising the circuit boards from saitek throttle units and calibrated via FSUIPC. I have replaced the original worn out potentiometers with quality 10k new ones,   all the switches work fine as do all the potentiometers but, I did finish up with two potentiometers which were unused so, I decided to utilise one for the steering tiller however when I come to calibrate this pot it smoothly goes from the -34358 to zero the jumps to +34358 instead of a gradual change.

I would be grateful for any help as it's driving me mad at present. 

Such behaviour is a result of the way the original Saitek drivers set the Registry incorrectly, defining some axes as "digital" (on or off) rather than analogue.  This is the most frequently reported problem with Saitek throttles, and I'm sure a solution must be provided somewhere on the Saitek site or support forum, but i'm afraid I don't know what it is.

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for the prompt response, I will have a  good look on the Saitek site whilst I have your attention I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for a fantastic program which has assisted me in controlling & refining my sims over many years.

Les