The simFlight Network Forums

New to FSUIPC: Is this a reasonable use of mouse capture?

Hi, all. I've fooled with the Arduino and Link2PC, SIMCONNECT and VB, and now want to come up to speed on what looks like the Universal Tool. Here's what I am trying to do: tell me if you will whether the best/only way is via mouse macro.

The default G1000 in the default FSX aircraft will change the NAV radio frequency select box (blue outline for frequency entry) when the G1000 PFD NAV 1-2 button is "pressed", and similarly for the COM 1-2 select. I can't find native SIMCONNECT commands that will do this (move the blue select box).  Is this a case where there is no other way than to capture the mouse click?

Thanks,

Dave

The default G1000 in the default FSX aircraft will change the NAV radio frequency select box (blue outline for frequency entry) when the G1000 PFD NAV 1-2 button is "pressed", and similarly for the COM 1-2 select. I can't find native SIMCONNECT commands that will do this (move the blue select box).  Is this a case where there is no other way than to capture the mouse click?

Hmm. Strange that there are so many G1000 controls listed (in the FSUIPC drop-down assignment lists, but none to switch the radio selection. I';ve never used the G1000.

Mouse macros may or may not work with that default gauge. They only work with gauges written strictly to the Microsoft Gauges SDK, and unfortunately Microsoft themselves often broke all those rules.

Many more recent gauges are written in XML, and those often use local panel variables to set and control things. Known as "L:Vars" these have names and can be set by FSUIPC assignments. There is an FSUIPC assignable control to list them on screen, and a Lua plug-in to monitor them as they change. So that's another possible avenue.

Also browse through the User Contributions sub-forum above see if any other user has solved this one.

Pete

Thanks for the reply Pete. I'll follow your suggestions, and will try to come up to speed on L:Vars.

I wasn't looking at the FSUIPC drop down command lists, but rather the Event ID table from the SIMCONNECT SDK. The G1000-specific events (commends) has things like KEY_G1000_PFD_MENU_BUTTON for it's soft keys, but seems to use the "standard" NAV and COMM events (e.g. KEY_NAV1_RADIO_FRACT_INC) when the PFD tune controls are rotated.

-Dave

Thanks for the reply Pete. I'll follow your suggestions, and will try to come up to speed on L:Vars.

I wasn't looking at the FSUIPC drop down command lists, but rather the Event ID table from the SIMCONNECT SDK. The G1000-specific events (commends) has things like KEY_G1000_PFD_MENU_BUTTON for it's soft keys, but seems to use the "standard" NAV and COMM events (e.g. KEY_NAV1_RADIO_FRACT_INC) when the PFD tune controls are rotated.

The names you refer to beginning "KEY" are the same names as used in FSUIPC's assignments, just without "KEY ". But there's never been an FS control to switch a single display between two different radios. The controls refer to one or the other.

Pete

Pete