The simFlight Network Forums

Unable to activate FSUIPC

Hi there!

I recently performed a complete un- and reinstall of FSX.

When I installed the latest FSUIPC version, the usual activation window appeared, but upon entering my code (I bought the FSUIPC 4 and WideFS upgrade at simmarket a few years ago), it says something like "this is not a valid 12 characters code".

What is the problem here?

Thanks in advance.

When I installed the latest FSUIPC version, the usual activation window appeared, but upon entering my code (I bought the FSUIPC 4 and WideFS upgrade at simmarket a few years ago), it says something like "this is not a valid 12 characters code".

What is the problem here?

You are getting something wrong. You must enter all three parts -- name, email, key - EXACTLY as originally provided when you purchased it. If you are not sure, use cut and paste. If you don't remember how you spelled your name you'll need to re-retrieve the details from your SimMarket account.

Pete

Hi Pete!

Thanks for the fast answer.

I forgot to write in my original post, that I filled in all windows with the correct information (name, email address and 12 character key).

I tried it several times, even with copy and paste, but it doesn't want to work...

Hi Pete!

Thanks for the fast answer.

I forgot to write in my original post, that I filled in all windows with the correct information (name, email address and 12 character key).

I tried it several times, even with copy and paste, but it doesn't want to work...

Are you sure you are using the registration for FSUIPC4 / WideFS7, and not for FSUIPC3 / WideFS6?

The registration system has not changed since it was first created in 2003, so you definitely have something wrong.

I can't even check because you come here with a false name.

Pete

I used the key for FSUIPC 4 and WideFS 7.

My real name is Michael Schmitt, the email address I used for purchasing is schmeichel75@freenet.de

If you need further information, let me know.

You appear to have purchased FSUIPC3/WideFS6 separately in 2007, then FSUIPC4 on its own in 2008, then WideFS7 early in 2012, then again in December 2012. The name and address certainly matches each of the later purchases.  I still think the only way it can reject the key is if you are using the key for FSUIPC3/WideFS6

[EDIT]  Also check that your computer system date is correct!

Please confirm that you are installing FSUIPC 4.939n (the currently supported version). If so, email me the details you are trying to register with -- do NOT post them here. My email is petedowson@btconnect.com.

After this evening I am away till the 27th May.

Pete