The simFlight Network Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ricky74

LUA plugin can read from a file?

In your opinion is it possible to create a LUA plugins to retrieve data from a file and display them in LUA display?

What I'd like to do is a script that reads facilities (ILS, VOR, NDB freqs) from FSX database airport (arrival airport of my flightplan) and display them in lua display window.

Suppose I want to create a route EDDF-EGLL and want to display EGLL navaids in in lua display, is it possible witha LUA plugin or i need other software, like C++?

I need a script that reads from FSX airport database amd display data of the airport on the screen.

Thanks fo your help.

Hi,

Check the LUA Reference Manual http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/ and the LUA Library document of FSUIPC. It's all in there. So the necessary functions are available.

And please: Don't post questions in the user contribution forum in future.

Rgds

Reinhard