The simFlight Network Forums

7 Controllers on 1 USB Hub

Hi guys

I have searched and searched and managed to find a few bits n pieces regarding adjusting the ini to allow alpha names for joystick. But I can't find a full walk thought / guide?

I have 1 x 10 Port USB with 7 Controllers

1 x Saitek Yoke
1 x Saitek x52
5 x Generic USB Controllers (Mame Boards from Ebay)

The kids got into the shed the other day and pulled out the USBs and now everything is messed up, landing lights are now anti ice etc

Can someone explain a little more what I need to change to allow fsuipc to see the same joystick in any port and restore its state, or have I got it wrong?

Thanks

I have searched and searched and managed to find a few bits n pieces regarding adjusting the ini to allow alpha names for joystick. But I can't find a full walk thought / guide?

Did you not even look the the FSUIPC User Guide? In the contents it lists the chapter "Keeping track of multiple control devices ("Joy Letters")" It's only one page long, and tells you the simple way -- just change "AutoAssignLetters" from No to Yes!

It really isn't much to read, and so simple to do. What on Earth would you need a "full walk through guide" for??

Pete

Hi Pete,

Your right, I have just read the user guide and got it working :D, sometimes I think we just rely to much on the internet for a source of information. I last looked at the user guide in FS9 and can't remember ever seeing it there, but have never looked since upgrading.

A full walk through was requested because the section I found tucked away in another forum was going on about leaving the Autoassign off and manually entering the details and from little snippets looked confusing. But all sorted now

Thanks and sorry to waste your time :)

Harry

Hi,

Autoassign off might be useful, if you want to define, which letter is used for which device on your own. For example Y=Yoke, T=Throttle, P=Pedal, etc.

But of course if you add devices, you have to add the letter for the device on your own.

Rgds

Reinhard