The simFlight Network Forums

WIDEFS for Prepar3d v2.x

Hello Pete,

I have a PC with Prepar3d v.2.5, and I'm interesting on install widefs in order to share two PC, and use OPUS FSI, and other app like FligthSim Commander or similar.

Before buying your software I have read that it is only for FSX. A version is planned for P3D soon? 

Or the spec about only for FSX is outdated and I can run WIDEFS on Prepar3d?

If my questión is explained on other topic, please let me know. (I search about but I can't find topics WideFs on P3D)

Thanks in advance!

I have a PC with Prepar3d v.2.5, and I'm interesting on install widefs in order to share two PC, and use OPUS FSI, and other app like FligthSim Commander or similar.

Opus FSI doesn't use WideFS or FSUIPC, it has its own networking, but Flight Commander would use it.

Before buying your software I have read that it is only for FSX. A version is planned for P3D soon? 

Or the spec about only for FSX is outdated and I can run WIDEFS on Prepar3d?

Where do you read that?

The Server part of WideFS is actually built into FSUIPC4, for efficiency, and FSUIPC4 works on FSX, FSX-SE and P3D (versions 1.4 and all 2.x versions so far). So, yes, WideFS works will all those.

The Client part of WideFS (WideClient) was actually written for FS98 and probably still says it is an "FS98 Eliminator" in its title. But it is universal, not caring what FS version is at the other end. It just relies on the Server.

Pete

Sorry Peter,

The Simmarket requerimets description was confus for me.

Maybe I select the wrong WideFS, and its my fault. 

But this is the reason of my question: 

(the last line in red is the reason of my confussion, because the first line say Prepar3D.)

"PETE DOWSON - WIDEFS7...

REQUIREMENTS
FSX, Prepar3D
FSUIPC4 
Note: If both WideFS7 and FSUIPC4 are registered, both registrations must use the same user name.

WideFS7 IS ONLY FOR FSX NO REFUNDS GIVEN!

But I have registered de FSUIPC4 (last version).

Then if I purchase/register the WideFS from the same FSUIPC4 I understand is for a Widefs P3D compatible version, right?

(and yes... Maybe Opus use a diferent networking procedure. Sorry...)

It is my first contact trying networking P3D and addons and I'm still a little confus.

If you confirm I can use WideFS with P3D then I will purchase your software. 

Thanks for your quick answer!

P.S.:

I have a questión about profiles (unselect/change an aircraft profile easy like select: with pop-up or button) on FSUIPC4 but I think is better open a different topic.

Thanks again Pete.

The Simmarket requerimets description was confus for me.

Maybe I select the wrong WideFS, and its my fault. 

But this is the reason of my question: 

(the last line in red is the reason of my confussion, because the first line say Prepar3D.)

"PETE DOWSON - WIDEFS7...

REQUIREMENTS
FSX, Prepar3D

FSUIPC4 

Note: If both WideFS7 and FSUIPC4 are registered, both registrations must use the same user name.

WideFS7 IS ONLY FOR FSX NO REFUNDS GIVEN!

It looks like SimMarket updated one line to mention P3D, but forgot the later one. It's been like that for years, evidently no one even noticed before you.

But WideFS7 works with P3D and has done since it first appeared (also ESP before it).

As I said, there's no difference as far as WideFS can tell. All of them look like FSX in any case.

Then if I purchase/register the WideFS from the same FSUIPC4 I understand is for a Widefs P3D compatible version, right?

Right. WideFS7 + FSUIPC4 is for FSX,FSX-SE and P3D.

I have a questión about profiles (unselect/change an aircraft profile easy like select: with pop-up or button) on FSUIPC4 but I think is better open a different topic.

Maybe, but I'm on holiday soon, till June 18th. I think someone was working on a utility to edit profiles. In FSUIPC the facilities are in menus, as documented. No pop-ups (ugh, horrible thought! ;-) ).

Regards

Pete