The simFlight Network Forums

PMDG 737NGX Door toggles

Hello there. I have a regd version of FSUIPC 4.939t and was wondering if there is a way through FSUIPC to assign one button on the joystick to open all the exits fwd/aft and cargo doors fwd/aft? I have one button currently assigned to shift+E when I press it and when it is released I have programmed Shift+F to open the rear left aft. Pressing this button again closes them both.

Currently my other assignments, Shift+H, Shift+I Shift+J and Shift+K for the R/H Fwd/Aft and front and rear cargo doors are set thru the PMDG FMC, but would be handy when using GSX to have the one Exits button toggle them all

Thanks  Chris

Perth, Western Australia

Hello there. I have a regd version of FSUIPC 4.939t and was wondering if there is a way through FSUIPC to assign one button on the joystick to open all the exits fwd/aft and cargo doors fwd/aft? I have one button currently assigned to shift+E when I press it and when it is released I have programmed Shift+F to open the rear left aft. Pressing this button again closes them both.

Currently my other assignments, Shift+H, Shift+I Shift+J and Shift+K for the R/H Fwd/Aft and front and rear cargo doors are set thru the PMDG FMC, but would be handy when using GSX to have the one Exits button toggle them all

Easiest way would be to assign to the added controls in FSUIPC to write to the Offset controlling the doors.

To open them all assign to Offset Byte Set with parameter 15 and offset x3367.

To close them all assign to Offset Byte Set with parameter 0 and offset x3367.

The value 15 is 8 + 4 + 2 + 1. the exits 1,2,3,4 have values 1,2,4 and 8 respectively. So you can use any combination you like. Just add up the numbers.

Pete

Thanks for your quick reply Pete, but I'm afraid you have completley lost me from "To open them all assign to Offset Byte Set with parameter 15 and offset x3367." Does this get written in the FSUIPC ini file?

it gets written to the INI by FSUIPC, of course, when you "OK" the button assignment dialogue. All settings you make in the FSUIPC options dialogue get saved in the INI or Profiles config files.

Have you never assigned switches and buttons in FSUIPC? 

Pete

Yes, I have assigned them before, but had never used the offset one. I have assigned (I think) from your instructions, see link to pic:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l87/statesman_2006/fsuipc1_zpsddrbbwje.jpg

After selecting Ok in the FSUIPC box, I try the exit button on the joystick in FSX with the PMDG 737ngx, but still only the FWD left opens.

If I go back into FSUIPC, some fields have changed:  see pic link:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l87/statesman_2006/FSUIPC2_zpsuqifxkir.jpg

In FSX Controls, I have the joystick enabled, but the only entry is for the POV Hat switch, as I deleted all the other entries as I use FSUIPC for assignments.

I also tried assigning my Exits button to Doors/Open/Close in FSX controls just in case that was a requirement for it to work.

I assume that there is something I havn't configured correctly for all the doors and cargo hatches to open up with one button push

Also meant to add have PMDG 737NGX SP1d installed

Thanks  Chris

Yes, I have assigned them before, but had never used the offset one. I have assigned (I think) from your instructions, see link to pic:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l87/statesman_2006/fsuipc1_zpsddrbbwje.jpg

After selecting Ok in the FSUIPC box, I try the exit button on the joystick in FSX with the PMDG 737ngx, but still only the FWD left opens.

If I go back into FSUIPC, some fields have changed:  see pic link:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l87/statesman_2006/FSUIPC2_zpsuqifxkir.jpg

Sorry, I don't want to have to try to work out what you've done from pix. Please just paste the contents of the FSUIPC4.INI file into a message here. There's never any point in pictures, the data is TEXT and can be placed in messages.

Since after this evening I'm away till 22nd July, I made an exception this time and looked at the pix. They both define the same assignment, and on the one button you assigned "open doors" to press and "close doors" to release. Are you going to be holding the button down pressed for all the time you need the doors open? If you are just pressing and releasing I don't think there's time for them all to open and close!

And please ALWAYS test on a default aircraft. I have no idea whether the PMDG aircraft follows standard FS controls for doors or not! Do you know? Have you tried the keys Shift+E then 2, 3 or 4 to select the other doors? 

If the PMDG aircraft needs different controls, or perhaps keystrokes, instead, then you have to program the button differently. The offset 3367 is related only to FS controls.

In FSX Controls, I have the joystick enabled, but the only entry is for the POV Hat switch, as I deleted all the other entries as I use FSUIPC for assignments.

Oh dear. NEVER assign in both places. And deleting entries in FSX is never permanent, it has a habit of automatically reassigning axes and buttons according the the devices it recognises. You should always disable controllers, not simply delete assignments --- unless you are prepared to re-check and re-delete on each fresh load of FS.

If you must use FSX assignments at all do NOT try to use FSUIPC as well. It will inevitably lead to conflicts and confusion at some time.

If you want to use the POV for Pan view why not simply assign it to Pan view in the Axis assignments in FSUIPC?

I also tried assigning my Exits button to Doors/Open/Close in FSX controls just in case that was a requirement for it to work.

Well that's never going to work as the button will be sending the "toggle door" controls at least twice even on a Push, let alone the extra one you programmed for the release!

Pete

"And please ALWAYS test on a default aircraft. I have no idea whether the PMDG aircraft follows standard FS controls for doors or not! Do you know? Have you tried the keys Shift+E then 2, 3 or 4 to select the other doors?"

Yes it works OK on the default 737 once I took out the action to complete on release of the key. I saw the toggle bits parameter and tried that and it toggles all the doors with the one button.

As far as the PMDG 737 NGX goes, you can assign pretty much any keys to the doors and cargo doors thru the FMC. I may need to read up on the PMDG Offset mapping to work out how to use the toggle all doors with that aircraft (if it can be done)

I have disabled the FSX controls now so its all FSUIPC

Thanks for your help, and enjoy your break :-)

As far as the PMDG 737 NGX goes, you can assign pretty much any keys to the doors and cargo doors thru the FMC. I may need to read up on the PMDG Offset mapping to work out how to use the toggle all doors with that aircraft (if it can be done)

The PMDG offsets are read-only. It has controls for making things happen. I don't have a list of those -- they are listed in the .h file supplied in the installed NGX SDK folder.

Best, and easiest, if you can assign keypresses in PMDG, would be to just assign all the keypresses you need to the same button. To do that you'll need to edit the FSUIPC4.INI file. Assign one of the keypresses then look in the INI file for it (it'll be in a [buttons...] section, presumably in the Profile one for your 737NGX ). Then add the other 3 lines in the same format but with different Keycodes (those are listed for you in the FSUIPC Advanced User's Guide). Remember, each line needs a different line number (the bit before the =). They will all be executed when you press the button, in the order of line number.

Pete