The simFlight Network Forums

Traffic density toggles only commercial slider?

I programmed the traffic density toggle to a keyboard button. My last flight, before landing I turned AI off using the button, and then quit. Today I started fsx and both traffic sliders are at 0. I pressed the toggle button in game and only commercial traffic slider came back up. General aviation stayed at 0%

If the toggle turns both off to 0 it should turn both back up to their last set number.

Thank you for your great programs

I programmed the traffic density toggle to a keyboard button. My last flight, before landing I turned AI off using the button, and then quit. Today I started fsx and both traffic sliders are at 0. I pressed the toggle button in game and only commercial traffic slider came back up. General aviation stayed at 0%

If the toggle turns both off to 0 it should turn both back up to their last set number.

Toggling off/on only works withing one session. It doesn't remember the settings from session to session. When there are no previous known settings, and in your restart case, the toggle from 0 simply sets the airline traffic value, to 100% (or optionally to the value you give as a parameter). It won't touch the others as it doesn't know what they should be.

If you want specifty particular values separate there are controls for that -- 

Airline traffic density set

GA traffic density set

Shipping traffic density set

Pete

Toggling off/on only works withing one session. It doesn't remember the settings from session to session. When there are no previous known settings, and in your restart case, the toggle from 0 simply sets the airline traffic value, to 100% (or optionally to the value you give as a parameter). It won't touch the others as it doesn't know what they should be.

If you want specifty particular values separate there are controls for that -- 

Airline traffic density set

GA traffic density set

Shipping traffic density set

Pete

I did not change my traffic sliders the next time I started FSX again, and it put itself to 0%. Maybe an addon did that? I will test later on

Is FS terminating correctly and updating its CFG file? Try editing the CFG file vlaue and check that it loads correctly.

Pete

I edit the fsx.cfg file to 100 for both, but if I press the toggle key and then quit, both get set to 0. Do I need to toogle it on again before quitting so it does not get reset to ?

I edit the fsx.cfg file to 100 for both, but if I press the toggle key and then quit, both get set to 0. Do I need to toogle it on again before quitting so it does not get reset to ?

Yes, or just use another control ("GA traffic density set") to set the GA to whatever value you want. If you put that in a macro you can invoke it via the [Auto] facility to do it automatically when FS is restarted.

Pete