The simFlight Network Forums

FSI Panel, Wide FS & WX

Hi Pete

I want to use FSI Panel Instructor Station.

I believe it requires FSUIPC to work (great) and therefore will work using WideFS.

FSI panel has a WX engine and can provide Cat I, Cat II and Cat III WX.

My problem is I need to send this WX to my FSX server (which happens using Wide Server on Server PC and Wide FS on ancillary PC); but my Wideview client PC also needs to get this info. I only want to send visibility to the clients and NOT wind info.

How can I achieve this?

My problem is I need to send this WX to my FSX server 'AND' my Wideview client PC. I only want to send visibility to the clients and NOT wind info.

How can I achieve this?

That's something WidevieW would have to see to. I don't know what options it has for weather synchronisation. Have you checked? I haven't used WidevieW since FS98 days and I'm sure it has changed enormously since then.

One thought, why no wind synch on the clients? The wind affects cloud movements and windsocks etc. Don't you want them synchronised?

Pete

Hi Pete

Wideview does not do a good job with cloud sync. In my 737 I use FSGRW which does all the WX synchronisation over 4 pcs but does not have selectable WX like Cat I, II & III.

Not worried about wind socks and cloud movement at such low vis settings and wanted to make a potential lua script (that may handle my request) simple.

Could we not use a Lua script for these categories of visibility?

Thanks

What would happen if I activated wide server in both pc's - would this work/be ok?

Thanks

EDIT - scratch that!!!

Bad idea as this would probably mess with my Sky Demon utility FSX Flight?!

Each PCs connecting WideClient would need explicit parameters telling it which Server to connect to. Each client can only connect to one server.

Pete

Each PCs connecting WideClient would need explicit parameters telling it which Server to connect to. Each client can only connect to one server.

Pete

Hi Pete

Hmmm ok.

With prosim and the new flight model it was achieved a lua could control lights on the flight model to all pc's - could we not do it this way?

With prosim and the new flight model it was achieved a lua could control lights on the flight model to all pc's - could we not do it this way?

Control lights? Yes. I read about that. Not sure what exactly they did, but though messy it is doable. What has that to do with weather?

If you mean use Lua pugins on the two PCs to read the weather from one PC and send it to the other, yes, I suppose you could do that. You'd need to have networking code in the Lua programs so they can talk to each other, or use files which one writes and the other reads, and basically read the METAR string from one and send it to the other. But it is fraught with difficulty, because the way SimConnect does METARs is very strange and very complex, and the input format is NOT identical to the output format! You'll need to refer to the SimConnect SDK.

Doesn't WidevieW deal with weather synchronisation? If not, why not look at OpusFSI? I have heard that's really good with multiple PC systems.

Pete

Pete

Hi Pete

Thanks for getting back to me via mail - appreciated.

On another note

Can you please advise on these parameters mention in your quote above?

Thank You Pete

Can you please advise on these parameters mention in your quote above?

The ServerIPAddr and Protocol (or ServerName and Protocol) parameters in the WideClient.INI file. If left to automatic connection, as defaulted, it would be anyone's guess which of the two running Servers would be used.

Please read the bit in the WideFS User Guide about configuring your Network, the bit with a bit read plea for folks to at least read some of it! ;-0

Pete

The ServerIPAddr and Protocol (or ServerName and Protocol) parameters in the WideClient.INI file. If left to automatic connection, as defaulted, it would be anyone's guess which of the two running Servers would be used.

Please read the bit in the WideFS User Guide about configuring your Network, the bit with a bit read plea for folks to at least read some of it! ;-0

Pete

LOLOL

Will Do

Thanks Pete

A

EDIT - I wish we could connect a single WideFS Client to Multiple WideServers in this way!!!

That'd solve All my issues

EDIT - I wish we could connect a single WideFS Client to Multiple WideServers in this way!!!

But it would receive conflicting data. Don't forget it is designed to share offsets. it is reproducing the FSUIPC interface on the local PC.

You could run another copy of WideClient on the same PC. You have to change the ClassInstance value, eg to 1. No applications can connect to it (unless they are programmed to talk to more than one install of FSUIPC) , but it will run Lua plug-ins. You'd need a plug-in on the one to dump data from the plug-in on the other to read and send. i.e. it comes back to a similar problem to the first.

I still don't understand why WidevieW still doesn't synchronise the weather across the Network. Would make it useless to me -- seeing blue skies at the sides when overcast ahead.

Pete

Wideview does sync weather, just not very well or very efficiently.

I get s better result and better perf using FSGRW.

Er, but WidevieW surely isn't a weather provider, and FSGRW isn't a multi-pc synchroniser. They do different things. Surely WidevieW's synch would work with any weather provider! Why not FSGRW, if that's your choice? (I love ASN myself).

Are you confused, or it ist me? ;-)

Pete

The problem is one is reliant on the real world weather conditions over the period of about a month. I cannot choose to set Cat I, Cat II or Cat III weather conditions - a real shame

Ah, there's no facility for historical weather? Hmm. That is a shame. You'd need to hunt for somewhere in the world currently giving you the desired conditions.

Have you asked the author for such a facility? I've always thought he was very amenable to suggestions and requests.

Pete

Ah, there's no facility for historical weather? Hmm. That is a shame. You'd need to hunt for somewhere in the world currently giving you the desired conditions.

Have you asked the author for such a facility? I've always thought he was very amenable to suggestions and requests.

Pete

Yes I have a few WX files but not totally right. Even then one is bound to that location in the world.

I have asked (in the same context as ou previous e mail) and they said they would BUT 'Later' they are busy with vector I think.