The simFlight Network Forums

WideClient for Linux

Paja

Hello Pete,

have you considered developing the WideClient for Linux? It would be very useful together with all those ultra cheap minimalistic Linux computers (Raspbery Pi, Arduino Yun, etc). They are small devices that can run simplistic version of Linux, so if we had WideClient on them, we could hopefuly access FSUIPC variables remotely via LAN - it would be easier than having ton of USB or RS232 devices connected to the flightsim computer with lot of their custom applications running...

Pavel

have you considered developing the WideClient for Linux?

No. Wideclient just presents an FSUIPC interface to FSUIPC applications. FSUIPC applications have to use very Windows-specific API functions in order to operate that interface. It just wouldn't apply to any other operating system.

What you want is a networking app at each end, the one on the FS PC being an FSUIPC client. You could even use a Lua plug-in at that end to send and receive data -- see the examples of networking plug-ins provided with FSUIPC. In particular see the slave/server networking to link two PCs running FS, one being slaved off the other.

Pete

I know about using the other computer to slave, standard thing. I was just thinking about using the lowcost Linux boards - but if it is not possible, ok - thanks for info. I will try Lua to send the data, thanks :)

Pavel