The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek rudder issue

I'm a new user of FSUIPC.

Only my second day running it. I was able to get all set up and working fine day 1. But now returning to use, I am unable to use the saitek rudder pedals.

I have a profile for a c172 setup. Using yoke throttles rudder, and trim wheel. All of these still show to be assigned in axes assignment and also see where each can be calibrated in joystick calibration.

However, the rudder shows it is assigned and I see movement with the ranges/numbers when I hit rescan. But under the calibration tab, the numbers for the rudder does not change as do the others (yoke,throttle trim), meaning I can not hit reset and then set the levels. In the game the rudder does not work.

I went back and confirmed the "enable controllers" was not clicked within FS, but this made no difference. I could use the rudders however if I clicked "enable controllers". I would not be bothered by it but the other day I was able to use all 4 controllers without us of "enable controllers"; everything was going through fsuipc.

Not sure if this makes a difference, but the only thing I did between day 1 and day 2 was I unplugged the controllers from the computer and the reconnected on day 2. Could this have reset something? Tried rebooting computer. I read where one guy reloaded fsuipc but you did not seem so sure why that would have made a difference.

I realize you are gone until October so I'll patiently await your response. I'll try some other tweaks on my end in that time.

However, the rudder shows it is assigned and I see movement with the ranges/numbers when I hit rescan. But under the calibration tab, the numbers for the rudder does not change as do the others (yoke,throttle trim), meaning I can not hit reset and then set the levels.

You can ALWAYS his "Reset" and the "Set" again to re-calibrate. But if the numbers don't change, it is not assigned to that control.

Not sure if this makes a difference, but the only thing I did between day 1 and day 2 was I unplugged the controllers from the computer and the reconnected on day 2. Could this have reset something?

With multiple USB connected joysticks, their numbering depends on where you plug them in, and in which order. To avoid prtoblems with disconnecting and reconnecting you should use the facility for assigning letters instead of numbers. There's a chapter about it in the User Guide.

Pete