The simFlight Network Forums

extend the FS aircraft battery life

Hi Pete,

I have recently bought the PSS A330/A340 and I used the PSS accredited version of FSUIPC with Fs2004 and I have notice that when I switch on the batteries on the aircraft, it is possible to communicate with the Tower and the beacon lights and nav\logo lights can be seen on if switch on of course, but only for one minutes or two. After that I’m no more able to communicate with the tower, also the beacon and nav\logo light can’t be seen on. I have already talked to the PSS guys and told me that it should work. It is why I want to confirm with you if even I’ve not registered the FSUIPC product it will extend the FS aircraft battery life or do I have to register the product first to have this option?

Best Regards,

It is why I want to confirm with you if even I’ve not registered the FSUIPC product it will extend the FS aircraft battery life or do I have to register the product first to have this option?

Best Regards,

In short, yes. As it says in the FSUIPC documentation, all the user facilities -- that is all the facilities in all the options pages of FSUIPC except "About" and "Logging" -- are part of what you get if you register it.

The problem of short battery life is an FS problem, it it not caused either by the aircraft you've loaded or by any other add-on. In actual fact, the battery life is probably quite realistic, what isn't realistic is the absence of ground power when at the terminal, and the total lack of proper APU simulation.

I have been hoping and expecting one day for one of these new sophisticated cockpits to actually simulate these themselves, but no, they don't. And of course the battery runs down faster because of the large number of additional drains on it in modern cockpits.

Regards,

Pete

Hi pete,

I have finaly register for FSUIPC and effectively it has solved my problem. I was very surprised of the options you get with the registered version, very useful and I'm very happy of it. I don't regret my money.

Thanks again for the great job. Continue and you will always have people supporting you, I will be one of them.