The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Actions affect two devices

I have a Saitek AV8R-03 (shows as Aviator for Playstation 3 / PC on FSX) and has been working for years with FSX on Windows 7 with all FSX and Windows 7 updates.

I've just installed a Desktop Aviator Model 1010 FSX-FSUIPC (a switch panel for mags, master alt / bat, lights and master avionics switches) which requires FSUIPX.

I have just purchased and installed FSUIPC v4.947c so not very familar with the system.

I went through FSUIPX and picked the options for enabling the Model 1010 card and switches.  FSUIPC recognised this as device 0.  I configured all of the options and everything looked ok.

In use however several of the switches affect more than one function in FSX.

So for example on the 1010 card I configured Button #4 as Toggle Naviation Lights and Button #5 as Strobes Toggle.

On FSX when I use Naviation Light toggle, that option is activated (confirmed via the onscreen panel) but Flaps (extend incrementally) is also activated.

In FSX for the AV8R-03 these are Buttons 05 and 06 (Flaps Extend Incrementally and Flaps retract Incrementally).

I tried setting a button on the AV8R-03 in FSUIPC and found that it was recognised as device 1.

Can't work out how both devices can be activated, hopefully this is something straight-forward.

I went through FSUIPX and picked the options for enabling the Model 1010 card and switches.  FSUIPC recognised this as device 0.  I configured all of the options and everything looked ok.

In use however several of the switches affect more than one function in FSX.

That sounds EXACTLY as if you are assigning in FSUIPC but have not disabled controllers in FSX. When you attach a new controller (or at least when FSX thinks it is new) it will make automatic assignments.

BTW it is FSUIPC not FSUIPX.

Can't work out how both devices can be activated,

There's really no such thing as "activated". If the device is connected it is "active" in the sense its buttons and so forth are ready for use. But untouched buttons (unless faulty of course) do not send button changes to the PC, and only button changes (on-off or off-on) are noticed.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I had another look at the system, editing FSUIPC.ini.  I found that it contained an entry for both of my devices so the [buttons] section looked like this:-

[buttons. Jims Sim]

0=P0,2,C65751,0

1=P0,3,C66240,0

etc to line 13

0=P1,2,C65751,0

1=P1,3,C66240,0

etc to line 13

I removed all of the P0 lines and the duplication of entries has now stopped.

I did try disabling controllers in FSX but then couldn't see how to enable the joystick input via FSUIPC.  For now I've re-ticked enable controllers in FSX and both the joystick and the separate controller are working.

This is FSUIPC v4.947c

Thanks

Jim

I did try disabling controllers in FSX but then couldn't see how to enable the joystick input via FSUIPC.

You use assignments, same as in FSX. There's a tab for axis assignments and one for Buttons & Switches.

The User Guide would help you. There are Chapters on these things, pictures too! ;-)

Pete