The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC version 4.9.3.9 Error

Hi,

I was just doing a flight in FSX when the sim crashed. I attempted to reload it, but it detected an issue with FSUIPC. If I selected to run it anyway, it would not load and would just crash again. If I didn't it worked fine, but I need this version of FSUIPC to connect to ACARS for my VA. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's the log from the initial crash:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: Fsuipc4.dll_unloaded, version: 4.9.3.9, time stamp: 0x54f46d0c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00085231
Faulting process id: 0x14fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d10dd8325f4947
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: Fsuipc4.dll
Report Id: eb9ed4f0-bc4e-4d40-8451-daa469a719ce
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Here's a log from a crash after attemtping to reload FSX with FSUIPC:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: sim1.dll, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb59
Fault offset: 0x0001abf7
Faulting process id: 0x1004
Faulting application start time: 0x01d10de65f1d471d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\sim1.dll
Report Id: d8496ca3-ffa7-40e0-9cbe-6cdb2db060fa

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated so I can return to flying ASAP. Thanks,

Mark

Sorry, but I cannot support old versions. Please first update to a supported version -- 4.947c is the earliest supported build.

Incidentally your second crash is actually in SIM1.DLL, which is the main sim engine in FS. I would check the aircraft you are using is installed correctly.

The first crash, the one in FSUIPC, would be useful data for me but only with the current version, so after installing 4.947c using the Installer, please update to 4.947d. Both are available in the Download Links subforum.

Pete

The aircraft is definitely installed correctly because I've used it before with no issues.

I still could not open FSX with 4.947c. I don't think it gave a crash report. FSX just detected an issue, and if I select to run it anyway, which I have to in able to use ACARS for my VA, it just closes.

I still could not open FSX with 4.947c. I don't think it gave a crash report. FSX just detected an issue, and if I select to run it anyway, which I have to in able to use ACARS for my VA, it just closes.

You didn't first update to 4.947d as I requested?

Does it create a log in the FS Modules folder? If not, then FSUIPC isn't actually being loaded, which indicates a SimConnect problem. If there is a Log created, I need to see it, please, as it will tell me at what stage the problem occurs.

To find the crash details you need to use the Windows event viewer. To open that just enter Event Viewer in the edit box after pressing the Windows Start button, and press return. You'll find application crash details in "Windows Logs - Application". Just scroll down the list looking for the red Error (!) line with FSX as the source. You can view the details below, and copy them into a message here.

The log from your original "initial crash", the one you showed above, would have been useful if it was for the current version of FSUIPC. With that in mind it would now be better for you to get my current interim update. Use this link please and copy the FSUIPC4.DLL into the FS Modules folder. FSUIPC4947j.zip

Pete

The new file didn't solve the problem.

I didn't for one minute think it would. The point of using my current version was only to make sure that any crash information was useful against the code as it is now, so I could pinpoint where it was occurring.

There don't seem to be any crash reports or logs, either in the Modules folder or in Event Viewer.

I cannot explain the lack of Windows crash logs. That makes no sense. But if there are truly no logs at all in the Modules folder then either you've deleted them or FSUIPC4 has never run at all, ever, in that installation.  There should at least be an Install log, because the Installer puts one there. The basic files you'd see in any FSUIPC4 installation, after it has run are:

FSUIPC4.DLL the module itself
FSUIPC4.INI, the settings, either default or your own from the FSUIPC4 Options
FSUIPC4.LOG, the log file always created by FSUIPC4 when it runs
FSUIPC4 INSTALL.LOG, the complete record of the Installation run
FSUIPC4 Documents, a subfolder containing the documentation and other assorted goodies.

Additionally, if you registered FSUIPC4 there would be

FSUIPC4.KEY

If none of these are there then you are looking in the wrong place. If there is no FSUIPC4.INI and FSUIPC4.LOG then FSUIPC4 has never been run. Both files will be updated or created every time FSUIPC runs. In particular, the LOG file will be newly written at the very start of each FSX session, so the date and time on it will be the last time FSUIPC4 actually ran.

If there is no log, then SimConnect has never actually managed to load FSUIPC, so there is no way FSUIPC can cause FSX to crash. It will be a serious problem with the FSX installation itself. You might find out more, then, by gettng a SimConnect log file, as explained in the FAQ subforum.

One thought -- are you perhaps looking at an Explorer where Windows is hiding the filenames from you, merely describing INI files as "configuration settings" and LOG files as "text files"?  If so you should turn off the Folder Options setting which tells Windows to hide filetypes from you, as instructed in the FSUIPC User Guide

Pete

I just tried again and the simulator actually crashed this time when trying to open it. The log looks like another sim1.dll, but here it is:

Faulting process id: 0x1d7c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d11593bda5f0cb
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\sim1.dll
Report Id: ad392dfe-f0f8-4828-876a-d05a82a0af6b

All the files you listed are in the Modules folder, but they are described as "configuration settings" and "text files." The last FSUIPC log leads back to the date of the initial crash and reads this:

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.939e by Pete Dowson *********
Reading options from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\Fsuipc4.ini"
Running inside FSX on Windows 7
Module base=56100000
User Name=""
User Addr=""
FSUIPC4 not user registered
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
     1641 System time = 23/10/2015 17:17:37
     1641 FLT path = "C:\Users\Mark\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"
     1750 Trying to connect to SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07 ...
     1813 FS path = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"
     2828 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
     2828 --- CONTROLS timer memory location obtained ok
     2828 --- SIM1 Frictions access gained
     2828 --- FS Controls Table located ok
     2828 --- Installed Mouse Macro hooks ok.
     2828 --- Wind smoothing fix is fully installed
     2828 --- G3D.DLL fix attempt installed ok
     2844 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
     2844 Trying to use SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07
    11063 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61637.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)
    11063 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
    11063 FSUIPC Menu entry added
    11188 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.FLT
    11188 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aircreation_582SL\Aircreation_582SL.AIR
    65344 C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\DVA_B767_300\767-300ER-GE-CF6-80C2.AIR
    90469 C:\Users\Mark\Downloads\PHNL-KLAX.PLN
   100828 System time = 23/10/2015 17:19:17, Simulator time = 14:17:47 (00:17Z)
   105844 Starting everything now ...
   106953 ASN active function link set
   106953 Ready for ASN WX radar
   109375 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled
   218563 Weather Mode now = Global
  5923016 System time = 23/10/2015 18:56:19, Simulator time = 13:55:03 (22:55Z)
  5923016 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Minimum frame rate was 11.0 fps, Maximum was 16.8 fps
Minimum available memory recorded was 2693Mb
Average frame rate for running time of 5777 secs = 16.0 fps
G3D fix: Passes 11776, Null pointers 0, Bad pointers 0, Separate instances 0
Memory managed: 5281 Allocs, 5281 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

I also followed the instructions to get a SimConnect log, which reads this:

0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61259.0

0.02886 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Pipe, Name=\\.\pipe\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimConnect, MaxClients=64
0.04574 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv6, Address=::1, Port=51441, MaxClients=64
0.05344 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv4, Address=127.0.0.1, Port=51442, MaxClients=64

5.05304 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8

Hopefully this isn't too much information for you. Would it help to try some of the solutions described in the one FAQ subforum post about solving the issue, or since it appears to still be sim1.dll do I need a different solution?

Just one last note that this just happened from a different location than where I usually fly. Not sure if that could make a difference, but I could try again at home if you need me to.

I just tried again and the simulator actually crashed this time when trying to open it. The log looks like another sim1.dll, but here it is:

Faulting process id: 0x1d7c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d11593bda5f0cb
Report Id: ad392dfe-f0f8-4828-876a-d05a82a0af6b

This is definitely not at all related to FSUIPC.

All the files you listed are in the Modules folder, but they are described as "configuration settings" and "text files."

Because you have Windows Explorer's folder options set to hide filenames from you. Change thast option or you'll never know the real file names! This is mentioned in the FSUIPC User's Guide but of course no one reads that. :sad:

The last FSUIPC log leads back to the date of the initial crash and reads this:

So, that tells us two things:

1. FSUIPC has never been run since 23/10/2015 17:17:37
2. The log shows everything worked fine and FS closed norrmally after a session lasting nearly 1 hour and 40 minutes.
I also followed the instructions to get a SimConnect log, which reads this:

0.00000 SimConnect version 10.0.61259.0

0.02886 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=Pipe, Name=\\.\pipe\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimConnect, MaxClients=64
0.04574 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv6, Address=::1, Port=51441, MaxClients=64
0.05344 Server: Scope=local, Protocol=IPv4, Address=127.0.0.1, Port=51442, MaxClients=64
5.05304 Panels data export found and set to 20B319D8

This shows that no DLLs or EXEs were loaded by SimConnect at all.

So your crash is nothing to do with either FSUIPC or any other add-on which is being loaded by SimConnect. You have some other problem. I am sorry, but I cannot help with this. You might try the FSX CTD forum over in AVSIM.

Pete

I don't see how you can say FSX closed normally after a session lasting 1 hour and 40 minutes. It crashed mid-flight due to an issue with FSUIPC, YOUR software! You read the log!

You read it. There is no issue at all in my software. The log clearly shows a normal closure  -- this part here, the proof:

5923016 System time = 23/10/2015 18:56:19, Simulator time = 13:55:03 (22:55Z)
  5923016 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Minimum frame rate was 11.0 fps, Maximum was 16.8 fps
Minimum available memory recorded was 2693Mb
Average frame rate for running time of 5777 secs = 16.0 fps
G3D fix: Passes 11776, Null pointers 0, Bad pointers 0, Separate instances 0
Memory managed: 5281 Allocs, 5281 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

After that last line FSUIPC was no longer running. It exits.

Additionally you can clearly see it closed at 23/10/2015 18:56:19. If you look near the beginning of the log you'll see it started a little before  23/10/2015 17:17:37. You do the maths -- 1 hour 38 minutes and 42 seconds, plus start-up time.

FSUIPC is simply not involved. You have a different problem.

I hate it when there are problems in FSUIPC and do my utmost to eradicate them, but it does come in for a lot of incorrect accusations, and I'm sorry, yours is one of them. I cannot help with your SIM1 crash. As for a supported version of FSUIPC you have only shown a log of a successful run.

The initial cash though was in Fsuipc4.dll, but with an old version

If you look through the History and Changes documents supplied with current versions you'll see FSUIPC has gone through many changes and some of them are error or bug fixes. I fix bugs and consequently release an update. How else do you think I can proceed? There's no way I can resurrect an old version just to prove one way or the other that your original report was due to a bug now fixed. The proof is in using a fixed (and supported) version!

Pete

Then how did the Windows crash report, also at 18:56, indicate the faulting module was Fsuipc4.dll? Makes no sense to me.

The log for the "successful" run was also using version 4.9.3.9, which, according to your own words, is unsupported. How then, could the log be with a supported version?

I appreciate you coming out with new updates and versions so often. It shows your dedication to creating a version with few bugs. I've been downloading the versions you're giving me, for example, 4.947j, but due to whatever the real problem may be, it hasn't been loading. My issue now is that FSX is marking it as a problem, which is why I asked about the timing problem and following the steps to troubleshoot that. The Windows log, however, shows up as sim1.dll.

I apologize if it is indeed an incorrect accusation, but since FSX is detecting a problem with FSUIPC upon startup, I would suspect it is involved somehow.

Then how did the Windows crash report, also at 18:56, indicate the faulting module was Fsuipc4.dll? Makes no sense to me.

The crash data isn't timestamped. However, it is was timed and dated for the same closure which FSUIPC was logging, then the crash could not possibly have been during normal FS flight mode -- FSUIPC was closing down tidily which can only be a result of FS signalling that the session was closing -- SimConnect sends an "End" to all of its clients and Windows itself calls an exit function in the DLLs. 

Now the closing of FS may possibly not have been of your doing, but I don't know anything else which would instigate it unless you had some application sending the CLOSE message or a Ctrl-C keypress, but it cannot have been actually instigated by the crash in FSUIPC which must have been only in the exit routine, after pretty much everything was closed in any case.

If the crash data was for the current version of FSUIPC I could have pinpointed the actual place in the code where that was. But it would not explain why FS was closing.

The log for the "successful" run was also using version 4.9.3.9, which, according to your own words, is unsupported. How then, could the log be with a supported version?

You've not actually supplied such a log yet.
I apologize if it is indeed an incorrect accusation, but since FSX is detecting a problem with FSUIPC upon startup, I would suspect it is involved somehow.

Suspect all you like, but the loading error you've shown is a known problem with FSX SimConnect, which was much worse in the original release of FSX and which Microsoft did try to solve in SP1 and more in SP2/Acceleration, but they never fully solved it. It is all to do with the "Trust" system they used, which thankfully was dropped in ESP and P3D.

All the information I know of about the loading warning you are getting is in the FAQ thread I pointed you to. I doesn't affect everyone and in all of the cases ever reported it is a temporary state.  You just need to allow it to continue to load FSUIPC. For some folks it has taken a few attempts before it disappears, but it always does.

If you do ever get a crash which indicates the current version of FSUIPC (now 4.948 incidentally) then please do report it here, with the Windows crash data AND the FSUIPC4.LOG, as far as it got.

Pete

"Now the closing of FS may possibly not have been of your doing, but I don't know anything else which would instigate it unless you had some application sending the CLOSE message or a Ctrl-C keypress... "A crash? A crash would instigate the closing of FS. That's what happened.

My best guess at this point is that while FSX was frozen, perhaps FSUIPC and SimConnect closed before the actual crash.

Other than that, I don't know why the first crash was due to an issue with Fsuipc4.dll. Quite frankly, I'm not sure why it crashed at all, besides the fact that I was in the menus, but I already have UIAutomationCore.dll. That's a whole other discussion we won't get into here.

"If the crash data was for the current version of FSUIPC..." Wait wait wait. I thought there was no crash in FSUIPC. I thought it closed normally.

"You've not actually supplied such a log yet." I beg to differ. Why then, in several previous posts, did you talk about the log I gave? If you're saying I never gave a successful log, how then can you say about FSUIPC closing normally in the log? Would that not be successful? On the other hand, if you're saying I never gave a log with a supported version, I know. That's what I said, but you said in a previous post "As for a supported version of FSUIPC you have only shown a log of a successful run."

"All the information I know of about the loading warning you are getting is in the FAQ thread I pointed you to." Hate to burst your bubble, but you never pointed me there. I pointed myself there.

If I'm wrong about these things, please just explain better. I'm finding hard to understand you. It seems at times that you contradict yourself.

As for an update, continuously starting up FSX and attempting to load FSUIPC anyway hasn't fixed itself yet. I suppose I'll try some of the methods in the FAQ forum to get rid of this issue. I also did update to 4.948.

I did also get two Windows crash logs, but FSUIPC and SimConnect still don't appear to be opening, which I suspected because that's where the issue lies in the timing. One log was in atc.dll, and the other was in ai_player.dll. Not sure why, but that's an issue I'll take to the FSX CTD forum at AVSIM.

"Now the closing of FS may possibly not have been of your doing, but I don't know anything else which would instigate it unless you had some application sending the CLOSE message or a Ctrl-C keypress... "A crash? A crash would instigate the closing of FS. That's what happened.

My best guess at this point is that while FSX was frozen, perhaps FSUIPC and SimConnect closed before the actual crash.

FSUIPC was certainly told that FS was closing. I've already explained that if it crashed BEFORE it was told to close then FSUIPC could not possibly show the lines in the log for a tidy closure. If it crashed at all it must have been AFTER it was told to close,

I'm not going to explain this again. You are trying to refute something which is a certainty. Plwease desist.

"If the crash data was for the current version of FSUIPC..." Wait wait wait. I thought there was no crash in FSUIPC. I thought it closed normally.

I referred to the crash identified by Windows. Remember?  FS was closing normally. Go and read what I said again. FSUIPC was closed normally. If the crash you got was associated with the same session as the log (and I've seen no evidence that this is the case) then it was AFTER FS was being closed normally and FSUIPC had tidied up and closed the log, normally and without a crash beforehand.
"You've not actually supplied such a log yet." I beg to differ. Why then, in several previous posts, did you talk about the log I gave? If you're saying I never gave a successful log, how then can you say about FSUIPC closing normally in the log?

Oh dear, go read it again "Such a log" was in answer to your statement about a log for a supported version!  You seem to be deliberately misreading and looking at things out of the context in which they occur!.

Would that not be successful? On the other hand, if you're saying I never gave a log with a supported version, I know. That's what I said, but you said in a previous post "As for a supported version of FSUIPC you have only shown a log of a successful run."

Yes, and that was true. It was successful until FS was closed. The closure was instigated BEFORE the crash!

If I'm wrong about these things, please just explain better. I'm finding hard to understand you. It seems at times that you contradict yourself.

Please just read things more carefully and STOP quoting me out of context!. It is that which makes the contradictions as you would clearly see if you were just a little more careful and less deliberately argumentative.

I am locking this thread now and it is just going in circles.  If you do actually get a crash identifying FSUIPC again and can supply the data please start a new thread.

Pete