The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Error #9

Hi I recently downloaded the Traffic Optimizer for P3D and am having a FSUIPC Error #9 problem. Tried all day yesterday to sort it out with no luck :(. This morning I installed FSX to see if it would work there and it is. no problems at all but still not working in P3D v3 :(.

This is the error i'm getting

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
FSUIPC.FSUIPCException: FSUIPC Error #9: FSUIPC_ERR_NOTOPEN. The connection to FSUIPC is not open.
   at FSUIPC.FSUIPCConnection.Process(Byte ClassInstance, IEnumerable`1 GroupNames)
   at FSUIPC.FSUIPCConnection.Process(Byte ClassInstance, String GroupName)
   at AirTrafficManager.Main.btnAircraft_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

and this is what is showing in the console

> Failed to connect - System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)

at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHR(Int32 errorCode)

at Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.SimConnect..ctor(String szName, IntPtr hWnd, UInt32 UserEventWin32, WaitHandle hEventHandle, UInt32 ConfigIndex)

at AirTrafficManager.Main.openConnection()

any help would be much appreciated as I just don't seem to be able to sort it out. Thank you.

Hi I recently downloaded the Traffic Optimizer for P3D and am having a FSUIPC Error #9 problem. Tried all day yesterday to sort it out with no luck :(. This morning I installed FSX to see if it would work there and it is. no problems at all but still not working in P3D v3 :(.

This is the error i'm getting

The error is not from FSUIPC, it is from the program trying to connect to FSUIPC. it appears to simply report that it cannot conmnnect. I've no idea what the rest is about, but possibly it's a consequence of the failure to connect to FSUIPC.

If you are running P3D or that program "as administrator" then both need to be -- programs at different priority levels cannot talk to each other by memory sharing, which is what the FSUIPC interface uses.

Otherwise, to see why it cannot connect we need first to see the log from FSUIPC -- FSUIPC4.LOG which you'll find in the P3D Modules folder.  Make sure you close P3D first, and show the whole log file here please. Do not change any options for now, and do not press "New Log" in FSUIPC's logging tab.

If it appears that FSUIPC is loading and running fine, then you'll need support form the author of the program which is failing.

Pete

Hi Pete, Thanks for getting back to me. I don't have a log in that folder, got a few other things but no log.

FSUIPC Documents

Aerosoft_F14AB.lua

FSUIPC4 Install.txt

FSUIPC4.DLL

FSUIPC4,cfg

FSUIPC4.txt

OpusPDK.DLL

OpusPDK_Ocu-lus.DLL

SimConnectP3D2.DLL

Thank you

Hi Pete, Thanks for getting back to me. I don't have a log in that folder, got a few other things but no log.

If there's no log then FSUIPC has never actually run!!!

What is that "FSUIPC4.txt" file?  I think you are probably misunderstanding the way Windows shows you files. If it thinks it's a text file it is probably the Log.

Similarly, FSUIPC has NEVER had an "FSUIPC4.cfg" file. That is probably the FSUIPC4.INI file. I think you are inventing the filetypes based on the Windows file description, not basing it on reality.

Please change the Windows Explorer to show you real filenames, not hiding known filetypes, as advised in the FSUIPC4 User Guide! Once upon a time Windows didn't do these silly things!

Pete

ok this is what's in the log sorry about that :)

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.947d by Pete Dowson *********
Reading options from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"
Running inside Prepar3D v3 on Windows 7
Module base=5AD90000
User Name=""
User Addr=""
FSUIPC4 not user registered
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
       31 System time = 27/10/2015 17:53:09
       31 FLT path = "C:\Users\me\Documents\Prepar3D v3 Files\"
       31 Trying C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Modules\SimConnectP3D2.dll
       31 Found it: trying to connect
       31 FS path = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\"
      156 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
      156 -------------------------------------------------------------------
      156 ------ Setting the hooks and direct calls into the simulator ------
      156 --- CONTROLS timer memory location obtained ok
      156 --- SIM1 Frictions access gained
      156 --- FS Controls Table located ok
      156 --- Installed Mouse Macro hooks ok.
      156 --- Wind smoothing fix is installed
      156 --- All links okay (except older global weather setting method)
      156 -------------------------------------------------------------------
      156 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
      156 Trying to use SimConnect Prepar3D
    35677 Running in "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v3", Version: 3.0.3.0 (SimConnect: 3.0.0.0)
    35677 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
    35677 FSUIPC Menu entry added
    35677 C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D_Default.fxml
    35677 C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\IRIS Raptor Driver\Raptor.air
   371111 C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C172\C172.air
   393934 System time = 27/10/2015 17:59:43, Simulator time = 08:00:02 (13:00Z)
   398910 Starting everything now ...
   400252 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled
   423168 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 30 secs = 29.4 fps
   436553 === NOTE: not calling SimConnect_Close ...
   437552 System time = 27/10/2015 18:00:26, Simulator time = 08:00:31 (13:00Z)
   437552 *** FSUIPC log file being closed
Minimum frame rate was 29.0 fps, Maximum was 29.9 fps
Minimum available memory recorded was 2204Mb
Average frame rate for running time of 30 secs = 29.4 fps
Memory managed: 15 Allocs, 15 Freed
********* FSUIPC Log file closed ***********

pete should this be v3 ?    SimConnectP3D2.dll

Edited by zzdreamer

That looks fine. FSUIPC is working well. There is no reason (excepting the possible different in priority I pointed out) why the program could not connect to FSUIPC.

So, sorry, you need to talk to whoever supplied / built the program which is giving the error.

pete should this be v3 ?    SimConnectP3D2.dll

No.  Changes weren't needed in that module, so it's the same for P3Dv2 and v3.

Pete