The simFlight Network Forums

G force with arduino and lcd

Hi all,

I'm currently building a home cockpit, I would like to have a display on a small LCD screen G force. according to my research it is possible to retrieve the G force with offset 11BA.
Is this possible to do that? someone would have already done this kind of assembly to advise me?

Simon

I'm currently building a home cockpit, I would like to have a display on a small LCD screen G force. according to my research it is possible to retrieve the G force with offset 11BA. 

Is this possible to do that? someone would have already done this kind of assembly to advise me?

You'd need to know how to drive that display -- i.e. with a driver, or possibly writing your own. If it's a standard USB or serial port device that you could even use a Lua plug-in to do it. But FSUIPC doesn't not contain display drivers for every conceivable type of display, I'm afraid.

Pete

You'd need to know how to drive that display -- i.e. with a driver, or possibly writing your own. If it's a standard USB or serial port device that you could even use a Lua plug-in to do it. But FSUIPC doesn't not contain display drivers for every conceivable type of display, I'm afraid.

Pete

Thank you for your reply,

I understand that FSUIPC does not allow to make a display. But I wonder if FSUIPC since it is possible to get the G force via offset 11BA, after I manage to handle the data.

Simon

I understand that FSUIPC does not allow to make a display. But I wonder if FSUIPC since it is possible to get the G force via offset 11BA, after I manage to handle the data.

Yes, of course you can get the G-force from the offset in which the value is placed. That is why FSUIPC provides all the data listed -- for applications to read. You can read it n a program interfacing to FSUIPC or via a Lua plug-in Module. You can also monitor it in the Log and/or display it on screen using the Monitor facilities in the FSUIPC Logging tab.

Pete

Yes, of course you can get the G-force from the offset in which the value is placed. That is why FSUIPC provides all the data listed -- for applications to read. You can read it n a program interfacing to FSUIPC or via a Lua plug-in Module. You can also monitor it in the Log and/or display it on screen using the Monitor facilities in the FSUIPC Logging tab.

Pete

Ok perfect thank you Pete