The simFlight Network Forums

New and unknown

A P3Dv3.1 user, i have recently brought into the FSFX packages for the PMDG Boeings. FSUIPC is required apparently in freeware form as far as i am made aware. So i installed the latest version and i think the installation went ok?

However ORBX Central now prompts me to choose P3Dv2 or P3Dv3 and it didnt before FSUIPC was installed?

I am wondering how to uninstall/reinstall or rectify this little confusion?

A P3Dv3.1 user, i have recently brought into the FSFX packages for the PMDG Boeings. FSUIPC is required apparently in freeware form as far as i am made aware. So i installed the latest version and i think the installation went ok?

What are the FSFX packages? I'm not aware of any requirement for FSUIPC by any FSX or P3D PMDG product.

However ORBX Central now prompts me to choose P3Dv2 or P3Dv3 and it didnt before FSUIPC was installed?

There is no way FSUIPC is anything to do with that. FSUIPC changes nothing to do with recognition of FS versions. And Uninstalling it is simply a matter of deleting the FSUIPC4.DLL file from the Modules folder.

I would have thought the ORBX installer would need you to make that choice in any case -- it has probably been updated for P3Dv3 recently.

Pete

Hi Pete,

FSFX is an effects enhancer for the PMDG 737 & 777 aircraft as well as the Aerosoft A32X. One installing the 3rd addon (FSFX 737) it prompted me to get FSUIPC in order for certain effects to work?

https://fsfxpackages.com/en/precipitFX/

In regards to ORBX, I only assumed that maybe FSUIPC had somehow thought following a mis input by myself maybe that i had P3D v2. When i open FTX Central i am prompted to select either P3Dv2 or P3Dv3 which prior to installing FSUIPC it never did before.