The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Problem

hello, i instal IVAO on my P3D but i have a problem, i don't see the other user i think it comes from FSUIPC because because the installation did not work because i can't select "Prepar3D.exe" when FSUIPC asked me to find "FSX.exe", so i run "FSUIPC4.exe" in "E:\IVAO\IvAp v2\setup" and it asked me to find again "FSX.EXE" but it's the same thing i can't select "Prepar3D.exe"

here is what happens :

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.853

Looking in registry for FSX install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
     Parameter"SetupPath"
... >>>  OK! FOUND FSX!  <<< ...
Looking in registry for ESP install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0
     Parameter"SetupPath"
Not there, so looking in:
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ESP
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...
Looking in registry for Prepar3D install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D
     Parameter"SetupPath"
Not there, so looking in:
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Prepar3D
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...
===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:
SetupPath="E:\Jeux Steam\steamapps\common\FSX"
Checking version of FSX.EXE:
Couldn't obtain Version Info! Asking user to find FSX.EXE ...
User identified path:
   "E:\P3D"
Checking version of FSX.EXE:
Couldn't obtain Version Info! Asking user to find FSX.EXE ...

I hope you can help me, sorry for my bad English i'm French, i hope you will understand !

Bye, Jpp

hello, i instal IVAO on my P3D but i have a problem, i don't see the other user i think it comes from FSUIPC

No, Ivap does not use FSUIPC and FSUIPC has nothing at all to do with multiplayer. You need Ivap support.

i can't select "Prepar3D.exe" when FSUIPC asked me to find "FSX.exe", so i run "FSUIPC4.exe" in "E:\IVAO\IvAp v2\setup" and it asked me to find again "FSX.EXE" but it's the same thing i can't select "Prepar3D.exe"

According to the Registry you do not have any Prepar3D version 1 installation at all, only FSX-SE in its usual place! 

E:\Jeux Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

If you are still using P3Dv1, try installing P3D (properly), and avoid all of those horrid migration tools which make a real mess of things. And NEVER try to force FSUIPC's Installer to try FSX as P3D or the other way round. FSUIPC does completely different things for each version and you will simply get into a further mess and crash.

And you are using a very old version of FSUIPC. I cannot support old versions. So go get the current version (after you've installed P3D) -- you should be on 4.949 (or later) today. That also supports P3Dv2 and P3Dv3,.

Pete