The simFlight Network Forums

Not registered FSUIPC

Hi all,

I have not used FSX for a while and when using plan-g it would not connect to FSX on my main PC.

The problem was tracked down to FSUIPC not being registered.

This system did work in the past (perhaps over a year ago)

Somewhere along the way I must have messed up the registration.

Looking through my emails I can only find registration for FSUIPC dated way back in 01/24/05!

At some time I have down load (installed?) FSUIPC4 but I cannot find any registration details for it ;(

and obviously the key that I have does not match FSUIPC4

Question is what version of FSUIPC would have worked say 2 years ago?

I have not used FSX for a while and when using plan-g it would not connect to FSX on my main PC.

The problem was tracked down to FSUIPC not being registered.

Very few application programs need FSUIPC to be Registered.  They only need it if they use Lua plug-ins or macros. I don't think PlanG needs it at all, so I think you might have a different problem.

Looking through my emails I can only find registration for FSUIPC dated way back in 01/24/05!

That would be for FSUIPC3, then, for FS9, not FSUIPC4, for FSX and later. They are not the same. FSX came out in 2006.

if you've lost your FSUIPC4 registration details go to your SimMarket account and retrieve them.

But I don't think this can be related to your PlanG problem, unless perhaps you are trying to use a pirated key?

Pete

Thanks for the fast response.

Being dumb (not knowing the keys were different) I tried the key from my old 2005 purchase.

Since I am so out of touch with what is needed for FSinn and VatSim working with Plan-g I presumed I need the registered version.

I have done a test with Plan-g and FSX with the unregistered FSUIPC4 and it seems to be working.

So I conclude that I must have been using a none registered version all along!

If after a more thorough use I find out more I will comeback here and comment.

Is there a list of what options work with the unregistered version if so can you provide a link (I have done a google)?

It may be worth my while to register just to get the improved control response that I read somewhere the dll provides.

Is there a list of what options work with the unregistered version if so can you provide a link (I have done a google)?

As pointed out in the Installation document which you would have found in the ZIP alongside the Installer, the User Guide, which explains all, is in the FSUIPC Documents subfolder along with a lot of other things you might find of interest.

Basically, the unregistered FSUIPC is the free interface into FS for applications to use, not users. It performs all the functions which have been free for all the years FSUIPC has existed (since 1999). Registration enables all of the user facilities as well.

Pete